FWS Student Employment Requirements
The KSU employment policies are the same for all KSU students, whether Student Assistant or Federal Work-Study Student Assistant, except FWS student assistants cannot exceed the awarded amount.
- FWS student employees must be enrolled at least 6 credits or more.
- All student employees must be in good academic standing and have
at least a 2.0 GPA.
- FWS students should not work more than 15 hours a week**
**Please note: A FWS student assistant may work a FWS position and a Student Assistant position simultaneously; however, the student cannot work more than 20 hours a week.
FWS student employment policy for Summer Semester:
A student employed during Spring Semester may continue working for the summer; however, they need to be enrolled in at least 6 credits.
- If enrolled for Summer Semester for at least 6 hours, the student may continue working during Summer without an interruption, if FWS can be awarded.
- If NOT enrolled for Summer classes at all, the student will be terminated at the end of the Spring work period (no longer enrolled for this academic year).
Departments who plan to rehire their students who do not work during the summer but are returning for Fall term may do so if:
- The student's financial aid file for the new academic year has been completed, awarded, and notified by the Office of Student Financial Aid awards appear on their Owl Express.
- The student has enrolled in upcoming Fall semester classes.
When a Work-Study Student Leaves a Position:
The FWS Program Coordinator should be notified once a FWS student assistant is no longer employed in your department. You will need complete a termination form and an evaluation form (forms are available from the FWS Program Coordinator) and forward the documents to the FWS Program Coordinator via interoffice mail (MD #0502) or fax (470) 578-9164.