Eligibility and Requirements
Read the information below to see if you qualify for Federal Work-Study.
Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. It is necessary to request KSU to be listed as your school's choice. The code for KSU is 001577.
FWS Award at KSU
1. All students currently working or not working must complete
the online application.
2. To apply for a Federal Work Study position, all students must have a current financial aid award, which can be viewed on
Owl Express. This is the first step in determining your eligibility
for the Federal Work Study Program.
3. After current and new applicants complete a Federal Work Study application, all applicants will receive a response in their KSU email which verifies that their application has been Satisfied, Denied, or Under Review.
KSU Student Employment Requirements
The KSU employment policies are the same for all KSU students, whether Student Assistant or Federal Work-Study Student Assistant. However, FWS student assistants cannot exceed their awarded amount.
- All student employees must be enrolled in at least 6 credits (half time)
- All student employees must be in good financial and academic standing and have at least a 2.0 GPA. (Some departments require a higher G.P.A)
- FWS students can not work more than 15 hours per week total