Grounds for Warning/Termination
A student may be given a warning and /or terminated for:
- Refusing to work
- Failure to notify a supervisor when unable to work at a scheduled time
- Habitual absence or tardiness
- Deliberate abusing, destroying, damaging or defacing property
- Willfully falsifying records, reports or information
- Creating a disturbance within the office
- Forging a signature
- Disclosing confidential information or records to unauthorized persons
- Any negligent act which may endanger the safety or lives of others
- Misuse of computer database i.e., e-mail, Banner
- Falsifying hours worked in the ADP Payroll System
- Stealing from the office
- Sleeping while on duty
- Excessive telephone or cell phone usage for personal reasons
- Unprofessional language or behavior
- Personal internet use during scheduled work time
A student must be given a written statement concerning his or her conduct before termination takes place. The written statement does not mean the student agrees with the comments listed. The written statement must be forwarded to the FWS Program Coordinator to be placed in the student's file.
If the student is dismissed, quits, or does not return to work, the supervisor should contact the FWS Program Coordinator and complete an evaluation form.
A student may be terminated for refusing to work, not showing up during the scheduled work time, punctuality and performance problems, creating a disturbance within the office, or violating the confidentiality agreement. A dismissed student cannot work the remaining part of the financial aid year.
If a student is not in complete accordance with the reason for his/her dismissal, the student may file an appeal. The FWS Program Coordinator and Assistant Director of Volunteer Kennesaw State University will meet and let the student know of the decision made concerning the student's continued eligibility in the FWS Program.
At any point in the process, if you have questions or comments, please contact the FWS Program Coordinator, at (770) 423-6521 or email@example.com.