Academic Support Services
Tutoring Services Offered in the Cultural Awareness & Resource Center
The CARC services include a full service ITC computer lab, appointment and walk-in tutorial services in math and writing support at no charge to faculty, staff and registered KSU students. Students who recieved academic tutoring through the Cultural Awareness & Resource Center benefit from focused individualized tutoring.
Click to read the testimonials from students who use CARC Tutoring!
Below are additional campus academic and student support services.
Academic Tutoring and Support
Academic tutoring is offerd in the Lifelong Learning Center, Room 261 of the Student Center and is available to all KSU students. Students recieve a 50 minute session with a tutor. Academic Tutoring Services offers tutoring both in person and online in over 30 academic subjects including Math, English, Biology, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, Chemistry, GACE Basic Skills prep, GRE Prep and Compass Prep. Click Here to make an appointment online!
The Math Lab also provides Math tutoring on a walk in basis and is located on the 4th Floor of the Sturgis Library
The Writing Center provides assistance with writing papers and is located in English Building Room 242.
Additional On-Campus Tutoring Resources
- Chemistry Tutoring available at the Math Lab, Library 4th Floor, Room 421
- Foreign Language Academic Resources available in Pilcher 134, Foreign Language Resource Collection
- Technology Workshops available at the ITS, Burruss Building, 4th Floor
- Psychology Tutoring, Psychology Lab on the 4th Floor of the Social Sciences Building
Disabled Student Support Services
The mission of disAbled Student Support Services is to assure equal access to all educational experiences by students with identified, legally defined disabilities, and to promote the University's knowledge of and compliance with all applicable federal and state laws. In addition, this unit strives to enhance students' total academic and personal development and to promote the recognition of the contributions made by individuals with disabilities to the rich diversity of the University. For accommodation information, please click here.
Graduation Coaching and Academic Planning is offered in the Lifelong Learning Center, Room 261 of the Student Center. The Academic Planning staff can help students with:
- General Education Requirements
- Academic Policies
- Adjusting to college
- Connecing to Academic Departments
- Informal discussion of Financial Aid
- Academic support and campus resource
Recruitment, Retention, and Progression to Graduation Pilot Program for Hispanic and Latino Students
The purpose of the RRPG Program for Hispanic/Latino students is to graduate program participants at rates equal to or higher than their non-Hispanic/Latino peers. We are excited to work with you to achieve your academic and personal goals by:
- Offering a one-stop-shop of academic support services uniquely tailored to the needs of our program participants
- Maximizing your access to financial aid and scholarship resources, therefore lessening the need for you to obtain employment while enrolled in KSU
- Increasing the quality of the academic and co-curricular experience through individual academic coaching and exclusive enrichment activities
- Fostering a welcoming climate for Hispanic/Latino students through campus and program events, and access to your own cultural resource center
First Year & Undeclared Advising Services
Kennesaw State University has an advising requirement for all new incoming freshman students. First-Year Students are required to meet with an academic advisor prior to registration for their first, second, and third terms at KSU. Please visit the First-Year & Undeclared Advising Services for more information. Transfer students who have not determined the major are advised by First-Year & Undeclared Advising Services. For advising information regarding major requirements, transfer students should contact the department of the major of interest. Sophomore, Junior, and Senior students who have declared a major at KSU should schedule appointments to meet with their academic advisor. For more information on academic advising at KSU visit the Student Success Services website.
Student Success Services
For more information on various specialized student success such as: Counseling and Psychological Services, First Year & Undeclared Advising, Testing, Orientation, Student Athlete Success Services, Center for Young Adult, Addiction and Recovery, Behavioral Response Program, Veterans Resource Center and Women's Resource & Interpersonal Violence Prevention Center, visit the Student Success Services website.