HAVE A AWESOME SUMMER BREAK.
***Fall registration will open for both Mentors and Mentees on June 1, 2014.***
The Odyssey Peer Mentor Program (OPM) was designed to assist incoming KSU students by matching new students with more experienced students to help transition to KSU. This program builds Mentor/Mentee relationships. Mentor and mentees are matched based on degree interests, hobbies, and overall availability. The program offers opportunities for participants to socialize and to work together in community service projects.
Mentors introduce mentees to college services as well as college activities and organizations. Mentors help students understand and prepare for the academic and social demands of college life as well as encourage a sense of community. The mentoring program contributes to the retention and graduation of KSU students by helping new students fine the resources they need to be successful at KSU.
Mentors are inspired to provide guidance to fellow students and facilitate solutions.
- Mentors are great listeners, supportive and respectful to others which is the essence of a successful mentor.
- Demonstrate qualities of trustworthiness, maturity and accountable.
- Open Minded, non-judgmental
- Encourage involvement on Campus
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude about KSU and helping others
- Commitment to encouraging mentees to reach their academic aspirations