Information for KSU Students Who are Performing Community Service for a Court Requirement
Volunteer Kennesaw State University has a variety of volunteer opportunities for students!
Please Note Policies that are Effective Summer 2012:
- Volunteers must register with VKSU prior to volunteering for any volunteer assignment.
- Volunteers can only volunteer at agencies and/or events that have been approved by VKSU prior to their start date. Agencies and/or events cannot be approved after you have you begun volunteering and/or completed your volunteer assignment. VKSU reserves the right to remove and/or add an agency and/or event at any time.
- All VKSU hours must be documented on a VKSU Service Verification Form that you obtain from the VKSU office prior to your volunteer activity.
- Letters, emails, faxes, and/or phone calls from the individual agencies will not be accepted.
- VKSU will not award volunteer credit to any volunteer who fails to follow these policies and procedures!
- Get into our database
- If you have never been to our office before: Print and complete our Application Form (pdf and Word versions here). This form is also available in the VKSU office, Student Center Room 267.
- You only have to complete this form one time, no matter how often you volunteer.
- Select where you want to perform your community service from our options
- Please review the information below and select two or three agencies. Keep in mind any restrictions that the court may have imposed on where you may perform the community service.
- Bring your completed application form and your list of selected agencies to VKSU, Student Center Room 267, during our regular business hours.
- VKSU staff will provide you with contact information for the agencies you have selected. You will also be given a Service Verification Form for you to document your hours. It is your responsibility to then contact the agencies to see which agency's needs fit best with your schedule.
- Note: The Service Verification Form cannot be faxed to you or sent to you via email. You must come to the VKSU office to receive it.
- After you have performed your community service hours
- Both you and the agency complete the Service Verification Form, and then you return the form to the VKSU office.
- We will prepare a letter documenting your community service. Please allow 48 hours for the letter to be prepared.