Information for KSU Students Who are Performing Community Service for a Court Requirement
Volunteer Kennesaw State University has a variety of volunteer opportunities for students!
Please Note Policies that are Effective Summer 2012:
- Volunteers must register with VKSU prior to volunteering for any volunteer assignment.
- Volunteers can only volunteer at agencies and/or events that have been approved by VKSU prior to their start date. Agencies and/or events cannot be approved after you have you begun volunteering and/or completed your volunteer assignment. VKSU reserves the right to remove and/or add an agency and/or event at any time.
- All VKSU hours must be documented on a VKSU Service Verification Form that you obtain from the VKSU office prior to your volunteer activity.
- Letters, emails, faxes, and/or phone calls from the individual agencies will not be accepted.
- VKSU will not award volunteer credit to any volunteer who fails to follow these policies and procedures!
- Please review the link below and select two or three agencies. Keep in mind any restrictions that the court may have imposed on where you may perform the community service.
- Off-Campus Ongoing Opportunities Sorted by County
- VKSU staff will provide you with contact information for the agencies you have selected. It is your responsibility to contact the agencies, and schedule your time to volunteer.
- Volunteers must request a letter, on the agencies letterhead, directly from the service site. Effective April 2014, VKSU will no longer provide letters for court-ordered community service.
- Letters will only be provided for students that are required to volunteer for a KSU violation through the Department of Student Conduct and Academic Integrity or Department of Residence Life.
- VKSU Cancellation Policy and Procedures
- VKSU FAQ