The CARE Center assists students with meeting their financial need by:
- Finding job opportunities both on and off campus
- Locating benevolent organizations to offer services students may not be able to afford. (i.e. childcare, car maintenance, etc.)
- Assisting students in applying for university and community-based grants and/or scholarships
- Work with Financial Aid to determine if student is connect to all available resources
The CARE Center oversees two scholarship opportunities for accepted and currently enrolled.
- Homelessness Awareness 20/4/1 Endowed Scholarship (click here to apply)
The Homelessness Awareness 20/4/1 Endowed Scholarship was established to provide assistance to make a positive difference in the life of one individual who is homeless or has been homeless at one time in their life. Undergraduate students must be enrolled full or part time, degree seeking, minimum GPA of 2.6 and have financial need verified by the Financial Aid office.
- Dr. Bruce Thomason Memorial Scholarship (click here to apply)
The Dr. Bruce Thomason Memorial Scholarship to memorialize Dr. Bruce Thomason and provide assistance to full time or part time undergraduate students with a minimum GPA of 2.50 who receive services from the C.A.R.E Center.
Both of these scholarships are need based. Need Based Scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate financial need. Additional requirements such as leadership skills, community involvement and individual scholarship criteria will also be considered.
The KSU scholarship application process will open November 1, 2014 for the 2015/2016 Academic year.