Collegiate Recovery Community
The Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) provides a supportive peer community within the campus culture that reinforces a student’s commitment to recovery. By providing social and academic support, students in recovery can experience college while putting their recovery and commitment to service first.
- Utilize Twelve Step recovery and sponsorship
- Have a minimum of six months of sustained recovery from addictive behaviors upon applying to the CRC (One year for housing)
- Attend seminar – a weekly meeting designed to encourage academics, recovery, spirituality and community
- Attend Celebrate Recovery - a bi-monthly community meeting
- Attend a weekly campus recovery meeting (see schedule below)
- Be of service to the community
- Commit to principles of respect, honesty, responsibly and humility
- Develop leadership skills
- Schedule their classes around the CRC meetings, seminar and other activities
- Priority registration for class
- Develop skills needed for stress management, conflict resolution, relationships, learning styles and career decisions
- Personal academic advising
- Personality testing (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) / career counseling
- Service opportunities
- Study room for members only
- Group space for members only
- Computer lab with printer
- Scholarship opportunities
- Out of state tuition waiver
For more information about joining the Collegiate Recovery Community please call us at
470-578-2538 or email us at email@example.com
Every week, the Center for Young Adult Addiction and Recovery hosts recovery meetings to support Kennesaw State University students and the local Kennesaw area. If you are interested in attending a meeting, see the meeting schedule link below. Please feel free to contact us to check meeting availability.
Please note that campus meetings follow the overall campus master schedule and will not be in session between semesters or on campus holidays. During this time, please check for another local meeting.
All meetings are held in Willingham Hall (WH), Bld 420, Room 128 A (map and directions). Please call if you have questions: 470-578-2538 or 470-578-7717.
FALL 2015 MEETING SCHEDULE**
**Meetings are currently on break and will resume August 17
following the University class schedule.