Collegiate Recovery Community
The Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) provides a supportive peer community within the campus culture that reinforces a student’s commitment to recovery. By providing social and academic support, students in recovery can be part of the mainstream college experience while putting their recovery and commitment to service first.
Collegiate Recovery Community students commit to:
- Utilize Twelve Step recovery and sponsorship
- Have a minimum of six months of sustained recovery from addictive behaviors upon applying to the CRC
- Identify individual personality styles using Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Develop skills needed for stress management, conflict resolution, relationships, learning styles and career decisions all based on MBTI
- Attend seminar – a weekly meeting designed to encourage academics, recovery, spirituality and community
- Be of service to the community
- Commitment to principles of respect, honesty, responsibly and humility
- Develop leadership skills
- Have the opportunity to apply for CRC scholarships
- Attend academic advising with CRC advisor regularly
- Schedule their classes around the CRC meetings, seminar and other activities
For more information about joining the Collegiate Recovery Community please call us at 678-797-2538 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Every week, the Center for Young Adult Addiction and Recovery hosts recovery meetings to support Kennesaw State University students and the local Kennesaw area. If you are interested in attending a meeting, see the meeting schedule link below. Please feel free to contact us to check meeting availability.
Please note that campus meetings follow the overall campus master schedule and will not be in session between semesters or on campus holidays. During this time, please check for another local meeting.
ALL meetings except Celebration of Recovery are held in Willingham Hall (WH), Bldg. 23, Room 128 A. Willingham Hall is directly behind University College, Bldg.24 (campus map). Please call if you have questions: 678-797-2538 or 770-794-7717.