First Year Orientation
First-Year Orientation is designed for students who have recently graduated from high school or have been out of school for an extended period of time but have had no previous college experience. All first-year, full-time students are required to attend an orientation session. Part-time students are strongly encouraged to attend. Orientation helps students:
- Determine appropriate classes to take during the first semester by meeting with an academic advisor.
- Please Note: Students may be required to take the Compass Exam prior to attending Orientation.
- Understand the web-based course registration system
- Register for the coming semester's classes (if cleared for registration).
- Receive a KSU ID and parking hangtag/decal.
- Connect with new and current students through small group interaction.
- Find out where to park on campus, what campus resources and departments are available, how to get involved socially,and strategies to assist in the successful to KSU.