Out of State Tuition Waiver for Admissions Scholars
Each year, the Kennesaw State University Office of Undergraduate Admissions invites out-of-state student scholars with exceptional GPAs and standardized scores to apply for an “Out-of-State Tuition Waiver.”
Recipients who receive a waiver end up qualifying for in-state tuition (a significant cost savings!) but are responsible for all applicable fees. There are a limited number of waivers available, therefore qualified applicants will be awarded in the order their application is received.
Applicants selected for the initial or renewed Outstanding Applicant Out-of-State Tuition Waiver must sign “Intent to Enroll Form” for the Fall 2014 semester before the waiver is applied to your student account.
Recipients of the Outstanding Applicant Out-of-State Tuition Waiver must maintain satisfactory academic performance which will be reviewed each semester. The wavier is valid up to eight semesters and will be renewed each semester for students who have maintained a 3.0 grade point average and have earned 12 semester hours each academic term.
To qualify for waiver consideration, the applicant must be accepted and meet the following minimum criteria
The four qualifications required for participation are:
- Applicant must be a First-time freshman
- Applicant must have a SAT Combined Critical Reading and Mathematics score of 1200 OR ACT Composite of 26
- Applicant must have a High School GPA of 3.5 as determined by KSU
- Applicant must be on track to complete Required High School Curriculum
- Home Educated applicants will be considered based on meeting the SAT/ACT standard only
- The deadline for submission of the waiver application is March 1, 2014
- Waivers are awarded based on academic qualifications (meeting the minimums listed above), and the date received.
If you would like to be considered for the “Out-of-State Tuition Waiver” beginning Fall 2014, please submit an Out of State Tuition Waiver Application.
Recipients of the waiver will be notified on or before April 1, 2014.
Should you have any questions please contact us at 770-423-6500 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application.