DISCONTINUING A PROGRAM
In discontinuing a program, it is important to provide the following information which will go through the normal process for review through UPCC.
- Program name
- Type of program (e.g., major/degree program, certificate, or minor)
- Degree title (if applicable)
- Proposed effective date for discontinuation
Provide justification for elimination of the program.
- Describe the impact on students.
- Estimate the number of students who have not completed the program and describe what arrangements will be made for students who have not completed the program.
- List the courses that will be discontinued. Make certain that you use the normal process to discontinue a course.
All discontinuations require approval by the following:
- Departmental curriculum committee
- Department chair
- College curriculum committee
- College dean
- Dr. Valerie Whittlesey, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs