Classroom Visits (Outreach)
KSU Writing Assistants will visit any class or group on campus. Writers in all disciplines –sciences, business, fine arts, humanities and everything in between – and at any level from doctoral candidates to freshman to faculty or staff writing groups, benefit from a face-to-face presentation explaining how the KSU Writing Center can serve them.
- The briefest outreach visits last ten to fifteen minutes and describe the Writing Center’s mission, its many services, and how to use the Center’s online appointment scheduler and web resources.
- Classroom visits can be customized and expanded upon request. Writing Assistants can address strategies for approaching specific types of assignments, common challenges students face in writing in a particular discipline, or any other writing-related topic. Just contact email@example.com with specific requests for your class or group.
- Research shows that students are far more likely to seek help from the Writing Center when their instructor schedules an outreach visit.
- To schedule an outreach or extended class visit, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the day, time, and location of your class, along with any specific requests.
- If you are teaching exclusively online, please use the video embedded below to provide your students with a brief explanation of our services.