- Writing Center Visit the Writing Center for help with your writing.
- Online KSU Writing Center Introducing a new kind of help with your writing.
- Satellite Writing Centers Writing Assistants will be setting up shop in the Global Village, the Lifelong Learning Center, and the University Village Suites.
- Little Free Library Take a book. Leave a book. Share what you learn.
- Writing Help 2.0 Our new iPad stations can enhance your KSU Writing Center session. Style manuals and other resources now are available at the touch of a button.
Whether you're a business major working on a proposal, a graduate student in education writing your dissertation, or an art student taking freshman composition, your writing will be judged by instructors now and by potential employers later. The KSU Writing Center is here to support your development as a writer so that you become a more articulate and fluent communicator at the university and beyond.
Location: English Building 242
Fall and Spring semester hours: Monday-Thursday 9-8, Friday 9-2, and Sunday 1-5.
What the Writing Center Does
Your writing assistant can help you . . .
- Move forward with your writing process—whether you have a completed draft or are still trying to figure out how to get started.
- Focus your topic or hone your thesis.
- Review your assignment sheet and make a checklist to make sure you meet the assignment requirements.
- Organize your ideas into a coherent structure.
- Develop your ideas.
- Find strategies for addressing particular problems in a draft.
- Identify patterns of error in grammar, punctuation, or mechanics and learn ways to address them.
- Help identify resources you can use when your session is over.
What the Writing Center Doesn't Do
Your writing assistant won’t . . .
- Edit the paper for you or provide comprehensive proofreading, though he or she can help you identify recurring errors and learn how to correct them.
- Tell you what to write.
- Provide exact wording for your essay.