Requirements and Guidelines

Per Board of Regents Policy 4.8, KSU requires all students provide proof of immunization of specific vaccines verified by their health care provider. Students should submit their Certificate of Immunization forms upon admittance. An immunization hold will be added to the student’s account for all immunization requirements not satisfied by thirty days after the first day of the term they are admitted. The hold will prevent registration for the next term. The hold can be removed once the required documentation has been received.

To assist students in meeting the immunization requirements, Kennesaw State University accesses immunization records from the Georgia Immunization Registry (GRITS). If the required immunizations are not in the GRITS system, the student will be responsible for submitting proof of immunization (clearly stating the vaccine by type and date administered) by submitting one of the following:

  • Kennesaw State University Certificate of Immunization form filled out in its entirety and signed & dated by their physician.
  • Copy of their state or county immunization record which should include the student’sname, date of birth, and the office that produced the record.
  • The physician's office record of immunization should encompass the student's name, date of birth, the document's recording/printing date, the physician's name, and, if necessary, the physician's signature.
  • Records not in English must have an English translation accompanying the original immunization record. Original record should include student’s name, date of birth, physician’s name, and physician’s signature.
  • Titer test results showing positive levels of immunity which should include thestudent’s name, date of the test, facility that administered the test, and the testoutcome showing a positive result.

You can submit your immunization record in one of the following ways:

  • Immunization Portal
  • Hand deliver to the Office of the Registrar in Kennesaw Hall on the Kennesaw Campus

  • Mail to 585 Cobb Avenue NW Room 1533, MD 0116 Kennesaw, GA 30144

For questions, please call 470-578-3115 or email



Required Immunizations

As a unit of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State University is required to adhere to the Board of Regents Guidelines regarding immunizations for school entrance. The required immunizations are:

  • 2 MMRs (Measles, Mumps and Rubella)
    Not required if born before 1957

  • 1 Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis) vaccine within the past 10 years

  • 2 doses of chicken pox (Varicella) vaccine or history of disease
    Required of all 1980 or later US born students
    Required for ALL foreign born students, regardless of birth year

  • 3 doses of the Hepatitis B vaccine for persons aged 18 or under at time of entering KSU

  • 1 dose of Meningitis within the last 5 years only if living in on campus housing

Students Missing Immunizations

If student is missing immunizations and would like to be immunized, vaccinations are available through Student Health Services - *Please bring your insurance card.

  •  Vaccinations by appointment at all campus clinics. For an appointment call 470-578-6644    
  • University Village Clinic - 1074 Canton Place, Suite 5000 (in University Village)
  • Marietta Campus Clinic -  1000 Technology Way SE, Suite 1107 (Located in University Courtyard)

They may also visit their doctor’s office, pharmacy, or their state or county health department. 

Holds on Students' Accounts 

The holds listed below correspond to immunization requirements still outstanding. To resolve these holds, students can contact the Office of the Registrar by email to or by calling 470-578-3115.

Hold Type  Description
V1 Chicken Pox (Shot 1)
V2 Chicken Pox (Shot 2)
H1 Hepatitis B (Shot 1)
H2 Hepatitis B (Shot 2)
H3 Hepatitis B (Shot 3)
ME Measles
M3 Measles 2
MN Meningitis
M1 MMR (Shot 1)
M2 MMR (Shot 2)
MP Mumps
RU Rubella
TD Tetanus

Immunizations for Special Populations

  • If you are in an online degree/major program or enrolled in ALL Online Courses, you can be exempt from the immunization requirement until you are no longer an online learner. If your program is coded in our system as an online only program, the exemption from the immunization requirements will automatically be applied by the Office of the Registrar. However, if you are in a certificate program you will not be automatically exempted. If your program is not coded as an online only program but you only plan to register for online classes, you can complete the Immunization Exemption form selecting the online exemption option. 

    If you change your registration to include a hybrid or on-campus course, your exemption will be voided and immunization holds will be placed on your account. You will be required to submit a copy of of your immunization record to release your holds. 

    Exemption Form
  • Students who have religious objections to immunizations can complete the Immunization Exemption form selecting the button for religious exemption. 

    In the event of a disease outbreak, students who signed a religious exemption form may be excluded from any institution or facility of the University System of Georgia until the campus restrictions have been lifted or one of the following occurs: 

    • Student presents valid evidence they are immune against disease.
    • Student presents valid evidence they are immunized against the disease or have had the disease and recovered, or the epidemic or threat no longer constitutes a significant public health danger.
    Immunization Exemption Form
  • If you have satisfied the immunization requirements at a former institution, you may be able to request a copy of your immunization records from that institution. If your former institution provides this service, the immunization records can be sent directly to the Immunization team at or you can submit them in person at the Office of the Registrar in Kennesaw Hall. 

  • If you are an International student, you are required to complete the Immunization and Tuberculosis Risk Assessment form.

  • Military students can provide a copy of their military immunization record through the document submission portal. They can also present their active duty military ID in person at the Office of the Registrar. This does not apply to students who are dependents or spouses of military members.

    Veterans can submit their DD214 or Certificate of Eligibility. However, if the veteran enlisted over ten years ago prior to the first day of class, they will need to provide proof of an updated Tetanus shot. If they are living on campus and enlisted over five years ago before the first day of class, they will need to provide proof of an updated meningitis shot.

Release of Immunization Records

If you would like a copy of your current immunization records on file at KSU, please complete the Release of Immunization Records Form. When submitting this form, a copy of your KSU Talon Card or Government issued ID must be attached.

You may call the Office of the Registrar to request release of your immunization records. However, a completed release form must be submitted and photo ID obtained prior to records being released.

If you choose to physically pick up your records, you will need to show your photo ID prior to the records being released.

The Office of the Registrar will release the records within three business days after a completed Immunization Records Release form has been received.

If you are currently enrolled at KSU, please use the Current Student Immunization Release Form button.
If you have not attended KSU the past three semesters, please use the Past Students/Alumni Immunization Release Form button.

Current Student Immunization Release Form

Past Student/Alumni Immunization Release Form

Meningitis and Housing

Meningococcal Vaccine- Georgia state law requires all students residing in University Housing to receive information about meningococcal disease. All students residing in campus housing are required to either provide proof they have received the meningitis vaccine within five years of enrollment or provide a signed waiver acknowledging the risk to themselves and others of not receiving the meningitis immunization.

The Meningitis Statement, regarding the meningococcal requirements, will be provided by University Housing during the housing application process. Prior to the student being allowed to move into campus housing, proof of immunization or the Meningitis Statement must be submitted.

For more information regarding Meningococcal Vaccine, please visit the CDC website.

If proof of inoculation is not received within 30 days from the first day of the term, a registration hold will be placed on the student's account.

Visit CDC