Georgia’s Premier Professional Writing Program
The Master of Arts in Professional Writing (MAPW) will prepare you for a writing career in television, film, education, publishing, business and the literary arts.
This graduate degree addresses creative writing, screenwriting, script writing, novels, poetry, technical writing, web writing, social media messaging and much more. Hone your craft as you gain valuable writing and publishing experience and knowledge.
Professional Writing Degree Benefits
- Expertise - Your professors are prize-winning authors and credited screen writers, who will share their expertise and mentor you. You’ll also benefit from their research and community connections.
- Creativity - The supportive small classes, often 20 students or less, foster lively discussion.
- Convenience - You can choose to enroll full-time or part-time. Most courses are face to face and meet one night per week, though a few are online or hybrid.
- Focus – Address your specific interests and career goals as you choose your concentration -- Creative Writing, Applied Writing, or Composition and Rhetoric – and your capstone topic and format.
- Experience - You can apply to be a graduate assistant, receive a tuition waiver and annual stipend, and gain experience in teaching or research.
Professional Writing Career Information
Since 1995, MAPW alumni have been finding success in a wide variety of career fields, including publishing, education, business, nonprofits, the arts and public service. With the more recent addition of classes in screenwriting, social media, and web content, our alumni are advancing in the new demand fields, as well.
Department of English
Learn more about the Master of Arts in Professional Writing in College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHSS) Department of English by selecting a link below:
- Admission Deadlines
- Admission Requirements
- Alumni Testimonials
- Frequently Asked Questions
Professional Writing Related Degrees and Certificates
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Writing
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Writing for International Audiences
- Master of Arts in Integrated Global Communication
- Master of Arts in Teaching in Secondary English