Earn Your Master's in Cybersecurity Online
KSU’s Master’s in Cybersecurity will provide you the skills and knowledge you need to become a leader in the fast-growing field of cybersecurity.
Our program prepares students to:
- Strategize, develop, deploy and lead cybersecurity efforts in an enterprise.
- Respond to and recover from cybersecurity threats and incidents.
- Manage cybersecurity risk to information assets; and select and apply appropriate tools and methodologies to solve real-world cyber problems.
This multidisciplinary program is designed for prospective students of all backgrounds and expertise whether you have a background in cybersecurity or not.
Now, more than ever, there is an increasing need for cybersecurity professionals in the corporate, government, non-profit and private sector. The U.S. Department of Labor forecasts the U.S. having an annual shortfall of more than 300,000 cybersecurity professionals, with approximately 11,300 in Georgia. There has never been a better time to pursue a degree in cybersecurity.
Potential careers and earnings in cybersecurity include:
Information Security Analyst
- Median Salary $92,600 national
- Job Growth by 2026: 28% national
Computer & Information Systems Security
- Median Salary $99,998 national
- Job Growth by 2028: 4.78% national
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
Cybersecurity Master’s Degree Benefits at Kennesaw State
- Reputation for Excellence: KSU has been designated as an NSA/DHS National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education since 2004. Kennesaw State University took first place in the Southeast Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition in April 2020.
- Broadened Skill Set: Your learning will help strengthen corporate and government institutions’ ability to secure data and assets These skills will have a significant positive impact on your career.
- Industry Connections: We work closely with our industry partners to facilitate student internships, provide
research and educational work products, and collaborate on information exchanges.
Our partners often visit our classrooms to provide real-world insight into the field
of cybersecurity. Some of our industry partners include:
- Georgia Pacific Corporation
- Georgia Technology Authority
- National Security Agency
- The Coca-Cola Company
- The Home Depot, Inc.
- Suntrust Bank, Inc.
- 12-month, 30 credit hour online degree program
- Students with no background in cybersecurity must complete 3 foundation courses that are built into the 12-month program
- All courses are scheduled in 7-week sessions allowing students to take two classes at a time, completing the program in 5 sessions.
- CYBR 5210 Programming Principles (3 credit hours) No prerequisite
- CYBR 5220 Computing Infrastructure (3 credit hours) No prerequisite
- CYBR 5300 Foundations of Cybersecurity (3 credit hours) No prerequisite
- CYBR 7000 Cyber Law, Policy, and Enforcement (3 credit hours)
- CYBR 7050 Cybercrime Detection, Analysis, and Forensics (3 credit hours)
- CYBR 7100 Secure Application Development (3 credit hours)
- CYBR 7200 Securing Enterprise Infrastructure (3 credit hours)
- CYBR 7220 Mobile and Cloud Security (3 credit hours)
- CYBR 7240 Cyber Analytics and Intelligence (3 credit hours)
- CYBR 7300 Management of Cybersecurity (3 credit hours)
- CYBR 7350 Contingency Planning for Cybersecurity (3 credit hours)
- CYBR 7400 Introductions to Cryptography and Its Applications (3 credit hours)
Capstone Course (students choose one):
- CYBR 7910 Capstone in Cybersecurity Practicum (3 credit hours)
- CYBR 7930 Capstone in Cybersecurity Management (3 credit hours)
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to ksugrad [at] kennesaw [dot] edu.
- Statement of Purpose -(Can be uploaded into the online application) - describe in 2 pages or less why you want to enroll in the MS-Cybersecurity and what you plan to do with the information you learn.
- Resume/Vita - (Can be uploaded into the online application
- Letters of Recommendation - (2) (Can be sent electronically through the online application)
- Minimum Undergraduate GPA - 2.75 , with professional growth plan required for exceptional applicants not meeting minimum GPA
*If you have already been accepted into a graduate program at KSU but would like to switch you major to cybersecurity, please contact us for steps to transition.
Department Contact Information
Cybersecurity Quick Links
Related Degrees and Certificates