Graduate – Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS)
- Strategic implications of technology projects
- Partnering across the enterprise to meet corporate goals around technology deployment and management
- Developing your can-do management approach (while managing risk)
- Security issues around end-user computing within the corporate environment
The Dual Degree (MSIS and MBA) Option Available Within the College of Business
Are you an Information Systems or Information Technology professional? You may, with a little advance planning, earn a MSIS along with your MBA degree. Why? The MBA is important for understanding the C-level perspective when you are asking for more systems resources. The MSIS however, provides the insights to successfully explain complex IT projects within your department – or the company. Think of yourself as being ‘bi-lingual’ in the language of business and information systems – a rare skill in demand at large corporations.
If you have already committed the time and resources to the MBA, for a minor extra investment, you can earn a totally separate, standalone degree – giving you more credibility within your current role, and more opportunity for advancement in the future.
Do you hold an undergraduate degree in Business? If so, the reverse may be true. You may feel unsure dealing with rapid fire changes
in Information Systems within your organization and managing the users who may/may
not abide by the rules. If you understand ‘the why’, you are likely to be more successful convincing others to adopt technologies and
adapt to change.
The Spirit of The Coles College of Business at Kennesaw State University
A Coles College MSIS offers convenience, affordability, and flexibility. The Master of Information Systems is offered in a hybrid format -- meaning the combination of both online as well as in-class courses afford you the flexibility you may find necessary while continuing to work your full-time job.
Business Intelligence Analyst
- Median Salary: national $90,270
- Job Growth by 2028: national 10%
Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Median Salary: national $82,050
- Job Growth by 2028: national 5%
KSU is located in metro Atlanta, the headquarters for many national- and Georgia-based businesses.
*Source: U.S. Dept. of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, and Data USA.
Information Systems Degree Benefits at Kennesaw State
- Information Systems (IS) strategic planning and vision
- Managing IS across the organization
- Understanding of security implications of decisions
Information Systems Quick Links
Related Degrees and Certificates