The KSU Library System's library instruction program contributes to student success through a variety of instruction techniques, such as, guest lectures, asynchronous learning materials, and course integrations. We provide students with guidance on developing appropriate lines of inquiry, source selection, searching strategies, professional and scholarly communication, as well as discipline-specific information.
To reserve a librarian for your course, complete our Librarian Request Form!Request a Librarian for your Course
For questions about classes contact the KSU Library System Instruction Coordinator, Christina Holm, at email@example.com or at 470-578-6197.
We encourage you and your classes to participate in one of our two library orientations! You can choose between a live webinar (LOOP) or a series of asynchronous mini-modules (LEAP). In both orientations, students will learn how to search for books and academic articles, get help from librarians, and use our library services.
- Our live webinars will take place during your normally scheduled class meeting time via MS Teams throughout the weeks of August 21st, August 28th, and September 11th. We ask that your students join the webinar as a class with one webinar facilitator per class
- Our asynchronous mini-modules can be embedded within your course D2L and students will receive an orientation completion certificate to document their participation. We recommend that students complete all four modules as a part of their orientation experience.
Library Learning Modules
The KSU Library System maintains asynchronous library modules that may be embedded into your D2L course shells. Directions for embedding the modules into D2L and direct-access links to the modules are available below. The library modules address common learning goals for students’ general education coursework, these modules are:
- The Research Process: introduces students to the research and writing process.
- Specialized Databases: provides students with guidance on selecting and using one of the library’s 400+ databases.
- Let’s Talk About Academic Reading: provides students with guidance on skimming academic articles and reviewing source records.
- The Library and You*: provides students with insights into how libraries can support their academic success.
- Get Answers on Your Own Time: introduces students to our fully-asynchronous research support services.
- Library Tutoring*: introduces students to our research help services.
- Find Books at KSU*: guides students in their use of the library’s Books Catalog.
- Find Sources at KSU*: guides students in their use of the library’s SuperSearch.
*These modules comprise the LEAP asynchronous orientation experience.Directions For Embedding Modules