Complaints Process

Kennesaw State University (KSU) seeks to resolve concerns and complaints in a fair and prompt manner.

For academic related concerns, including grade appeals, always begin with the professor. If the matter cannot be resolved directly with the professor, then contact the department chair. If the matter is still unresolved, contact the academic dean of the college.  

All academic matters ultimately fall under the Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. Additional details are available in the Student Handbook and Undergraduate and Graduate catalogs.

Another resource for resolving grievances both internal and external to KSU is the Complaints and Appeals website, or online students may submit their complaint using the Online Course Complaint & Appeals Form.

NC-SARA Complaint Process

In the unlikely event that a complaint cannot be resolved through the KSU process, online students may file a complaint with Georgia's state licensing authority, Georgia Nonpublic Education Commission.

More detailed information about the SARA student complaint process can also be found at the following links: 

Complaints should be filed with the SARA State Portal Entity for Georgia, unless you are located in CA.

Georgia Portal Entity Contact 
Adam Hawk, GA-SARA Coordinator 
Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission (GNPEC) 
2082 East Exchange Place, Suite 220 
Tucker, GA 30084 
(770) 441-3232 


California Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) handles complaints for California students who are enrolled via distance education in out-of-state public and private non-profit institutions. The California DCA also oversees the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education, which handles complaints regarding for profit institutions, and will assist DCA in handling complaints regarding public and private non-profit institutions. 

Complaints that are not resolved after all University avenues have been exhausted may also be filed with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. 

SACS policies and information for filing a complaint (.pdf)