Graduate – Master of Science in Software Engineering (MSSWE)
Software engineering represents the fastest growing segment of software professionals. The Master of Science in Software Engineering (MSSWE) at Kennesaw State University prepares you for a career by exposing you to real-time strategies and procedures that will give you a competitive edge in the market.
The program consists of seven required courses and a number of electives. You can
either take the project option, under which you complete four elective courses and
a software engineering capstone project; or the thesis option, under which you complete
three elective courses as well as a thesis. You must have at least a bachelor's degree
to enter the program.
To meet the needs of working adults, courses in the program are available both face-to-face and online.
Entry to MSSWE Program
For software engineering undergraduates with professional experience:
Contact us. You may be able to receive exemptions for certain courses and graduate more quickly.
For computing undergraduates:
You may be assigned one or two foundation courses – based on a review of your credentials.
For all other non-computing, non-software engineering undergraduates:
You can transition into software engineering by completing our foundation courses which provide the background knowledge needed to be successful in this graduate program. You may be assigned up to a maximum of five foundation courses.
The MS in Software Engineering degree prepares you to take your career to the next level. That next level means managing staff and budgets. The larger the company, your department and your budget, the more opportunity you have to earn more. Earning more is how you generate a good ROI from your investment in the MS in Software Engineering degree.
Software Engineering (Applications)
- Median Salary: National $105,590
- Job Growth Forecasted by 2028: 26%
Software Engineering (Systems Software)
- Median Salary: National $114,000
- Job Growth Forecasted by 2028: 10%
KSU is located in metro Atlanta, the headquarters for many national- and Georgia-based technology businesses.
Masters of Software Engineering Benefits at Kennesaw State
- Manage Professionally – When it comes time in your career to manage staff, your bachelors degree alone may not be enough. To get to that next level, you need the MS in Software Engineering (MSSWE), and this is the only degree program of its kind (designed to meet the needs of three different career-level candidates) in Georgia.
- Spend Wisely – Spending the most doesn’t always get you the best result, and the KSU MSSWE is a great example. The degree is competitively priced, yet stringent enough to make it well-respected by Georgia companies.
- Entry through Foundation Courses – By completing assigned foundation courses, you can gain the background knowledge needed to be successful in this graduate-level software engineering program. You can still have a path to an MSSWE.
Department Contact Information
Kennesaw State University
Dr. Sumanth Yenduri
Software Engineering Quick Links
Related Degrees and Certificates