The Bachelor of Architecture program at KSU is a 5-year, NAAB accredited, first professional degree in architecture, and leads to your eligibility for licensure exam (Architectural Registration Exam).
The architecture degree is centered on a ten-semester studio sequence that proceeds from the basic fundamentals of design and architecture, through the technical aspects of building and comprehensive design, to investigations of the urban condition.
The program culminates in the fifth year’s exploration of architecture as a form of design research. Reinforcing the studios are sequences in design communication, architecture culture, structure, environmental technology and professional practice. Collectively, they provide the more holistic understanding of the design process necessary for the production of functional and meaningful architecture.
A portfolio review and curriculum review evaluation are mandatory for all students seeking to enter the upper division (3rd through 5th year) of the BArch – Professional Program Curriculum. Students must successfully pass the lower division (2nd through 3rd year) spring semester Portfolio Review Evaluation Process (see 2021 Bachelor of Architecture Degree: Traditional and Accelerated Curriculum Flow Chart).
There are three (3) components of the Portfolio Review Evaluation Process, and it is imperative that each applicant be successful in each of the following three components:
- You are in good academic standing at Kennesaw State University and have completed all Georgia Core courses required in the Curriculum Flow Chart with a minimum grade of 'C'.
- You have met all lower division BArch course requirements with a minimum course grade of 'C' and a minimum cumulative Curriculum GPA of 2.5.
- You have successfully submitted documentation and passed the Portfolio Review Evaluation Process with a cumulative minimum average score of 2.5
note: The minimum cumulative Curriculum GPA of 2.5 is considered "acceptable" and "satisfactory".
Architecture Portfolio Helpful Links
Median Salary: National $80,750; Georgia $92,440
Job Growth by 2028: National 1%; Georgia 16%
Architectural and Civil Drafters
Median Salary: National $56,340; Georgia $51,950
Job Growth by 2028: National -3%; Georgia 9%
Further enhance your career and salary potential by earning a Architecture Master's degree at KSU. Learn the advanced skills needed for an executive role within the construction industry.
*Source: U.S. Dept. of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, O*Net Online
- Internships – Most of our students are able to get paid Architecture jobs while earning their degrees at KSU. Internships and job opportunities are shared through email, online postings, career fairs, and Handshake, managed by Career Planning and Development.
- Job Placement – Our Advisory Board actively helps our students and graduates get hired into the industry.
- Accreditation– This degree program has been recognized for its quality. The Architecture degree is accredited by the National Architecture Accrediting Board (NAAB).
Department of ArchitectureContact Information
1Program tuition is an estimate based on the average student's time to complete. Costs for books, travel, other miscellaneous fees (parking, labs, graduation, etc.) are not included. Tuition and fee changes are posted in the Spring and are effective for Fall semester. Please note that fees are subject to change at the end of any academic term without prior notice. For additional information, see tuition and fees.