The Bachelor of Architecture program at KSU is a 5-year, NAAB accredited, first professional degree in architecture, and leads to your eligibility for licensure exam (Architectural Registration Exam).
The architecture degree is centered on a ten-semester studio sequence that proceeds from the basic fundamentals of design and architecture, through the technical aspects of building and comprehensive design, to investigations of the urban condition.
The program culminates in the fifth year’s exploration of architecture as a form of design research. Reinforcing the studios are sequences in design communication, architecture culture, structure, environmental technology and professional practice. Collectively, they provide the more holistic understanding of the design process necessary for the production of functional and meaningful architecture.
A portfolio review and evaluation is mandatory for all students seeking to enter the upper division of the B.ARCH program (3rd year through 5th year, see course flow chart) must successfully pass the Portfolio Review Evaluation. There are 4 components of the portfolio review process and it is imperative that each applicant be successful in all of them.
- You are in good standing with the University, an adjusted GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Met all ARCH course requirements with a grade of ‘C’ or higher and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Complete all Georgia Core courses required in the course flow chart with a grade of ‘C’ or highe
- Pass the Portfolio Review Evaluation with and average cumulative score of 2.5 (considered “satisfactory”) or higher.
Architecture Portfolio Helpful Links
- Portfolio Guidelines
- Portfolio Review Course Completion Form
- Portfolio Evaluation Criteria
- Portfolio Examples
Median Salary: National $80,750; Georgia $92,440
Job Growth by 2028: National 1%; Georgia 16%
Architectural and Civil Drafters
Median Salary: National $56,340; Georgia $51,950
Job Growth by 2028: National -3%; Georgia 9%
Further enhance your career and salary potential by earning a Architecture Master's degree at KSU. Learn the advanced skills needed for an executive role within the construction industry.
*Source: U.S. Dept. of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, O*Net Online
- Internships – Most of our students are able to get paid Architecture jobs while earning their degrees at KSU. Internships and job opportunities are shared through email, online postings, career fairs, and Handshake, managed by Career Planning and Development.
- Job Placement – Our Advisory Board actively helps our students and graduates get hired into the industry.
- Accreditation– This degree program has been recognized for its quality. The Architecture degree is accredited by the National Architecture Accrediting Board (NAAB).
Department of ArchitectureContact Information
1Program tuition is an estimate based on the average student's time to complete. Costs for books, travel, other miscellaneous fees (parking, labs, graduation, etc.) are not included. Tuition and fee changes are posted in the Spring and are effective for Fall semester. Please note that fees are subject to change at the end of any academic term without prior notice. For additional information, see tuition and fees.