Undergraduate – Bachelor of Science in Mechatronics Engineering (BSMTE)
Mechatronics is a multidisciplinary field that combines electrical, computer, and mechanical engineering. The mechatronics field is at the intersection of mechanics, electronics, and computing, and technicians are equally qualified to collaborate in the fields of mechanics as well as electrical. Mechatronics is an essential foundation for the expected growth in automation and manufacturing.
Mechatronics engineering revolves around the design, construction and operation of intelligent products and systems, stemming from the integration of hardware and software applications.
As a mechatronics engineer, you’ll develop approaches to industrial problems employing mechanical and electronic solutions and computer applications. You will also learn to develop products through the integration of diverse technologies for streamlining processes and applications. Mechatronics engineers create and evaluate factory production lines blending manufacturing and technologies to enhance efficiency.
This program offers course work in:
- Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering Electronics
- Robotics Analysis and Synthesis
- Instruments and Controls
- Mechatronics System Design
- Programming for Mechatronics
With this Mechatronics Engineering training, you will be able to:
- Able to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- Able to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- Be able to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
Median Salary for Mechatronics Engineers: national $99,040; Georgia $69,630
Job Growth for Mechatronics Engineers: national 1%; Georgia 14%
Median Salary for Mechanical Engineers: national $88,430; Georgia $82,350
Job Growth for Mechanical Engineers: national 4%; Georgia 15%
*Source: U.S. Dept. of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, O*Net Online
- Academic Excellence – The Department of Robotics and Mechatronics Engineering is committed to maintaining high academic standards. As a Mechatronics Engineering student, you must meet the program’s Engineering Standing Requirements, which includes having a minimum 2.7 GPA in select math, science and engineering courses before enrolling in upper division courses.
- Hands-On Experience – You will have many opportunities for hands-on training, including coursework projects that enable you to build and utilize skills learned.
- Innovative Research – The Mechatronics Engineering program is online or on-campus in Marietta and located within KSU’s Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology (SPCEET), which places a high regard on research to advance the understanding in all aspects of engineering. The College has state-of-the-art labs and facilities, and dedicated Research Centers like the Center for Advanced Materials Research and Education, to conduct a wide range of innovative research projects year round.
Department of Mechatronics Engineering
Department of Mechatronics Engineering
Kennesaw State University
Department of Mechatronics Engineering, MD # 9073
840 Polytechnic Lane
Marietta, GA 30060
Engineering Technology Center, Building Q
Mechatronics Engineering also provides a Mechatronics Minor, Biomedical Minor and Robotics Programming Certificate for students wishing to incorporate robotic engineering and automation into their education.
Learn more about the Department of Robotics and Mechanical Engineering at the Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology (SPCEET), or select a Mechatronics Engineering topic below:
Related KSU Degrees
1Program tuition is an estimate based on the average student's time to complete. Costs for books, travel, other miscellaneous fees (parking, labs, graduation, etc.) are not included. Tuition and fee changes are posted in the Spring and are effective for Fall semester. Please note that fees are subject to change at the end of any academic term without prior notice. For additional information, see tuition and fees.