The Kennesaw State Industrial and Systems Engineering program combines skills from both Industrial Engineering and Systems Engineering. As an industrial engineer (IE), you will use: mathematical, statistical, and scientific techniques to design, analyze, implement, improve systems of people, information, energy, and materials.
ISYEs interpret qualitative and quantitative data to analyze a system's functionality and to make decisions that ultimately improve those systems. Computer programming is used to attain these systems-level and people-level objectives in a technology-driven society. As an ISYE, you use an interdisciplinary and structured approach to designing and deploying successful systems to blend engineering, systems thinking, and management topics. You will learn how to streamline work processes, optimization methods, and risk management while ensuring that all likely aspects of a project or system are considered and integrated into a whole.
Examples of ISYE projects include:
Students in the Industrial and Systems Engineering degree path have the opportunity to concentrate in either Industrial (IE) or Systems (SYE) Engineering. Due to the similarities between the two disciplines, 75% of the curriculum is shared, providing graduates with an expanded job market opportunity while the remaining 25% is directed towards the specifics of each area of engineering.
There is significant overlap in the career paths that an IE versus an SYE may follow. IE tends to be more focused on business, with courses in accounting and supply chain management while SYE is more focused on large-scale systems such as for the defense, aerospace, or automotive industries. Additionally, if a student is interested in pursuing professional engineer licensure (PE), the coursework in the SYE concentration is better preparation for the Fundamentals of Engineering exam.
This program offers course work in:
Program Format: On Campus
Number of Credit Hours: 127 Total Hours
Entry Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
Time to Complete: Four-year Program
Primary Campus: MariettaCurriculum Apply Now
Stay on path for graduation by using the degree pathway that maps out your courses by semester and by year.Industrial and Systems Engineering Degree Pathway
Schools in the U.S. that students want to attend reported by U.S. News and World Report
Companies recruited students and alumni from KSU in 2020
Academic Excellence – The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering is committed to maintaining high academic standards. As an ISYE student, you must meet the program’s Engineering Standing Requirements, which include having a minimum 2.7 GPA in select math, science, and engineering courses before enrolling in upper-division courses.
Innovative Research – The program is offered on-campus in Marietta and is located within KSU’s Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology (SPCEET). The College has state-of-the-art labs and facilities, and dedicated Research Centers like the Center for Advanced Materials Research and Education, to conduct a wide range of innovative research projects year-round.
The Industrial and Systems Engineering career offers many career paths that can easily align with your current and future goals. Below are just a few jobs that are achievable with a bachelor’s degree in industrial and systems engineering from KSU.
Double Owl Pathways allows undergraduate students to obtain their undergraduate and graduate degrees at significantly lower costs and in less time than pursuing each degree separately. KSU offers a variety of Pathways to choose from various disciplines, allowing students to graduate sooner and get a head start on their future careers.
Kennesaw State University
Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, MD # 9061
650 Clair Harris Road
W. Clair Harris Textile Center, Building M
Marietta, GA 30060
Phone: 470-578-7243Email Visit Site