Graduate – Online Master of Science in International Policy Management (MSIPM)
The Master of Science in International Policy Management (MSIPM) builds on Kennesaw State’s long-standing commitment to global education. This online program is taught by a dedicated team of internationally-recognized faculty. You can complete the 11-course (33 credit hour) curriculum in as few as 20 months.
An Employment-Focused Curriculum
The MSIPM degree is designed with your potential employers - and employment - in mind.
- You’ll develop the analytical, critical thinking, and communication skills that employers want.
- You complete a curriculum that focuses on key political, legal, cultural, and economic features of the global policy environment.
- This program is ideally suited for different types of students, whether you are a recent college graduate preparing for your first job or a working professional with public, private, or nongovernmental experience who is seeking career advancement.
- A background in political science or international affairs is not required.
Profession-Focused International Experience
- You will interact with global decision-makers during a Maymester study abroad to Geneva, Switzerland.
- You will meet with policy professionals at many of the world's major international organizations, including the United Nations, World Trade Organization, and World Health Organization.
- You’ll see how your academic work applies in the real world. Students have used study visit to arrange Geneva-based internships.
Online Course Delivery
The 100% online course delivery model means the International Policy Management program provides the flexibility you want (or need).
- You can complete your coursework from anywhere, even abroad.
- IPM students have completed the program from places as diverse as Colombia, Kenya, and Iran.
You will take all your courses with the students who start the program with you – from beginning to end. The togetherness cultivates a sense of community and common purpose that research demonstrates leads to better educational outcomes.
Peace Corps Coverdell Fellowship
If you are a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer (RPCV), you may be eligible for a Coverdell Fellowship.
- Coverdell Fellows receive a tuition waiver that covers most classes and a financial stipend, in exchange for part-time employment as a graduate research assistant.
- The GRE requirement is waived for RPCVs.
- The program offers Graduate Research Assistantships to Peace Corps Fellows for up to four academic semesters.
- For more information see, Peace Corps Coverdell Fellows Program
What can you do with an international policy and management career?
This career field offers many opportunities, including:
- Intelligence Analyst
- Policy Analyst
- Immigration Specialist
- Public Affairs Specialist
- International Marketing Manager
- Political Risk Analyst
A career in International Policy Management offers many paths that can easily align with your current and future goals. Below are just a few jobs achievable with a master’s degree in International Policy Management from KSU.
Public Relations Managers
Median Salary National $118,430; Georgia $100,390
Job Growth by 2028 National 9%; Georgia 15%
Climate Change Policy Analysts
Median Salary National $73,230; Georgia $64,840
Job Growth by 2028 National 8%; Georgia 16%
*Sources: Bureau of Labor Statistics and O*Net Online
- Employment-focused curriculum designed to prepare leaders in the private and public sectors.
- Profession-focused international study trip to Geneva, Switzerland.
- 100% online course delivery.
- Cohort-based learning environment.
- Coverdell Fellowship opportunity for qualified returned Peace Corps volunteers.
School of Government & International Affairs Contact Information
International Policy Management Quick Links
Related KSU Degrees
1Program tuition is an estimate based on the average student's time to complete. Costs for books, travel, other miscellaneous fees (parking, labs, graduation, etc.) are not included. Tuition and fee changes are posted in the Spring and are effective for Fall semester. Please note that fees are subject to change at the end of any academic term without prior notice. For additional information, see tuition and fees or graduate program financial aid.