Convention Conduct Policies
- All registrants of OwlCon are expected to adhere to the convention conduct policies
- All University policies, in addition to federal, state, and local laws, are in effect
- Policy on Minors: Children under the age of 18 are only allowed at OwlCon when accompanied by a parent or guardian with a valid ticket.
- Cosplay is not consent. OwlCon features a number of participants who will choose to
cosplay as characters from movies, anime, video games or other media. However, if
an attendee chooses to cosplay for the convention, this does not mean they are required
to participate in photos, interviews, or any unwanted physical interaction. Be polite,
ask cosplayers before you assume anything.
- The organizers of the OwlCon event reserve the right to remove any convention attendee
based on their behavior at the convention.
- If you or another participant wishes to report questionable behavior, please find the nearest convention volunteer or KSU police officer.
Cosplay Weapons Policy
- Cosplay/Prop weapons are only allowed to be brought to OwlCon if the participant is
registered for the Cosplay Contest.
- All prop weapons must be non-working and peace bonded.
- No functioning projectile weapons – including water pistols, silly-string guns, and ping-pong pistols.
- Do not bring any bladed weapons. Foam swords and other acceptable weapons are allowed, but must be stored safely until the time of the Cosplay Contest.
- No horse play or showing off.
- Any weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated and the contestant will
be disqualified from the contest, and escorted off the property.
- PLEASE USE WISE JUDGEMENT! IF YOU HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT, IT’S PROBABLY NOT ALLOWED.