Graduate – Master of Accounting
The Master of Accounting (MAcc) degree program is an accelerated, cohort-based graduate program designed to help you, as an undergraduate accounting (business) major, achieve your career goals and certification requirements. The MAcc program offers a dynamic learning environment to prepare you to sit for all four sections of CPA exam.
The School of Accountancy at KSU’s Coles College of Business is one of the largest accounting programs in the State of Georgia, and is home to the internationally recognized Internal Audit Center.
We provide quality education and prepare you for a successful career by cultivating leadership, which is why our graduates' demand continues to grow. With your degree, you can work almost anywhere, for-profit, non-profit, or in time, even strike out on your own!
Hear what our graduates have to say about their Master of Accounting degree experience.
With a Kennesaw State Accounting degree, you can work in many roles besides accounting, including financial examiner, financial analyst, finance manager, chief financial officer, budget analyst, or business and financial consultant.
Accounting is a profession specializing in the “language of business,” with your Master’s of Accounting from KSU, you can persue certification opportunities which include:
- Public Accountant (CPA)
- Management Accountant (CMA)
- Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Fraud Examiner (CFE)
A career in accounting offers many paths that can easily align with your current and future goals. Below are just a few jobs achievable with a bachelor's degree in Accounting from KSU.
Accountant and Auditors
Median Salary: National $71,550; Georgia $71,720
Job Growth by 2028: National 4%; Georgia 21%
Median Salary: National $76,540; Georgia $63,630
Job Growth by 2028: National 3%; Georgia 7%
*Sources: Bureau of Labor Statistics and O*Net Online
- Accelerated, Specialized Training – The Master of Accounting program is delivered in a two-semester, accelerated format where you can select one of two specializations: Audit/Advisory or Tax.
- Hands-On Experience – The MAcc program is more than a classroom experience. You will gain hands-on experience and work with others to help develop your skills. Available resources include personalized academic and career advisement, access to resume and interview workshops, and a network with leading accounting professionals.
- CPA Exam Preparation – Includes a Capstone course to prepare you to take all four sections of the CPA exam. Program tuition covers registration, purchasing of textbooks, lunches, CPA exam preparation, and CPA sitting fees.
- AACSB International Accreditation – Earn an advanced accounting degree that meets the high industry standards set by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), which is considered the benchmark for business education quality
School of Accountancy Contact Information
Learn more about the School of Accountancy in the Coles College of Business, or select an Accounting topic below:
Related Degrees and Certificates
1Program tuition is an estimate based on the average student's time to complete. Costs for books, travel, other miscellaneous fees (parking, labs, graduation, etc.) are not included. Tuition and fee changes are posted in the Spring and are effective for Fall semester. Please note that fees are subject to change at the end of any academic term without prior notice. For additional information, see tuition and fees or graduate program financial aid.