Earn Your Master's in Cybersecurity Online
KSU’s Master’s in Cybersecurity will provide you the skills and knowledge you need to become a leader in the fast-growing field of cybersecurity.
Our program prepares students to:
- Strategize, develop, deploy and lead cybersecurity efforts in an enterprise
- Respond to and recover from cybersecurity threats and incidents
- Manage cybersecurity risk to information assets; and select and apply appropriate tools and methodologies to solve real-world cyber problems.
This multidisciplinary program is designed for prospective students of all backgrounds and expertise whether you have a background in cybersecurity or not.
Now, more than ever, there is an increasing need for cybersecurity professionals in the corporate, government, non-profit and private sector. The U.S. Department of Labor forecasts the U.S. having an annual shortfall of more than 300,000 cybersecurity professionals, with approximately 11,300 in Georgia. There has never been a better time to pursue a degree in cybersecurity.
Potential careers and earnings in cybersecurity include:
- A Multidisciplinary Approach: This program balances managerial and technical aspects of cybersecurity, allowing graduates to choose to become security executives, or security engineers. Students will learn unique perspectives on cybersecurity including cybercrime and forensics, incident response and infrastructure security.
- Industry Connections: We work closely with our industry partners to facilitate student internships, provide
research and educational work products, and collaborate on information exchanges.
Our partners often visit our classrooms to provide real-world insight into the field
of cybersecurity. Some of our industry partners include:
- Georgia Pacific Corporation
- National Security Agency
- The Coca-Cola Company
- The Home Depot, Inc.
- Suntrust Bank, Inc.
- Reputation for Excellence: KSU is a NSA/DHS National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education and took first place in the Southeast Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition in April 2020.
- 12-month, 30 credit hour online degree program
- Students with no background in cybersecurity must complete 3 foundation courses that are built into the 12-month program
- All courses are scheduled in 7-week sessions allowing students to take two classes at a time, completing the program in 5 sessions
- Mobile and Cloud Security: This course covers concepts, methodologies and technologies in securing mobile networks and cloud computing environments.
- Management of Cybersecurity: This course will provide an overview of the roles and responsibilities associated with administration of a cybersecurity program including the role and composition of cybersecurity planning, development of cybersecurity policy, and the specification and conduct of an effective risk management program.
- Capstone in Cybersecurity Management: The course covers the practical aspects of cybersecurity management and administration and the critical skills associated with interacting with the senior-executive and board-level constituencies.
For a full list of courses request more info.
Admission Information - No GMAT/GRE Required!
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH college and/or university you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to ksugrad [at] kennesaw [dot] edu.
- Resume/Vita - (Can be uploaded into the online application
- Minimum Undergraduate GPA - 2.75, with professional growth plan required for exceptional applicants not meeting minimum GPA
*If you have already been accepted into a graduate program at KSU but would like to switch you major to cybersecurity, please contact us for steps to transition.Apply Now
Department Contact Information
Cybersecurity Quick Links
Related Degrees and Certificates
1Program tuition is an estimate based on the average student's time to complete. Costs for books, travel, other miscellaneous fees (parking, labs, graduation, etc.) are not included. Tuition and fee changes are posted in the Spring and are effective for Fall semester. Please note that fees are subject to change at the end of any academic term without prior notice. For additional information, see tuition and fees or graduate program financial aid.