Graduate – Master of Science in Healthcare Management and Informatics (MSHMI)
Kennesaw State’s MSHMI program brings together informatics -- the representation, processing and communication of information in natural and engineered systems -- with administrative skills. This combined curriculum will prepare you for leadership in the healthcare delivery industry through integrating information systems, computing, data analytics, healthcare delivery processes, and leadership and management principles. This program will teach you to manage complex data for optimal outcomes.
To ensure the quality of the MSHMI graduate program, the design and curricular components are based on the nationally accepted standards set by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics, Information Management Education (CAHIIM) and input from our Advisory Boards.
- The program has a hybrid format, a combination of face-to-face and online courses.
- The face-to-face courses are held on Friday evenings.
- A new cohort, or group, of new students is admitted each fall. This student group stays together taking the same courses throughout the program.
- The program is a total of 36 credit hours.
- KSU’s MSHMI program is the only Master of Science in Healthcare Management and Informatics program in Georgia.
If you are an international student interested in this program, please visit the global admissions page for information on becoming a student at KSU.
Upon graduation you will be ready to tackle these types of leadership roles in healthcare:
- Chief medical informatics officer
- Chief information officer
- Project manager
- Vice president of information technology
These types of healthcare groups employ informatics graduates:
- Insurance companies
- Medical equipment manufacturers
Job Outlook growth projections: 18%
Average salary projections – Different titles within Medical Management:
- Compliance/ Risk Management Officer: $89,230
- Data Integrity Analyst, Director of Clinical Informatics, Research Scientist: $83,490
- Data Architect, Chief Technology Officer: $98,180
Sources: Bureau of Labor Statistics. HIMSS 2019 Salary Survey.
- Find New Career Options – Due to the high demand for informatics skills in the medical industry, you’ll have
new career options.
- Network Across Fields – You’ll have the opportunity to learn from faculty and peers in all levels of the medical
industry – from hospital systems to medical insurance and government.
- Fits In Your Busy Schedule - Online and Friday evening courses allow you to readily blend your studies with your work schedule.
Department Contact Information
Healthcare Management and Informatics
Kennesaw State University
Sweta Sneha, PhD
Executive Director and Professor, Healthcare Management and Informatics
Program Coordinator, IS Graduate,
Department of Information Systems
Healthcare Management and Informatics Quick Links
Related Degrees and Certificates
1Program tuition is an estimate based on the average student's time to complete. Costs for books, travel, other miscellaneous fees (parking, labs, graduation, etc.) are not included. Tuition and fee changes are posted in the Spring and are effective for Fall semester. Please note that fees are subject to change at the end of any academic term without prior notice. For additional information, see tuition and fees or graduate program financial aid.