Graduate – Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT)
KSU's Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT) program enhances your career options in the management, performance, and integration of information technology systems for current and future IT professionals.
Already have a job in IT? The nationally ranked MSIT degree can help you explore new opportunities or get a promotion.
No background in computing? We offer foundation courses to prepare students with non-computing-related undergraduate degrees to transition into the MSIT program.
KSU’s nationally ranked MSIT program offers specialized concentrations in:
- Data Analytics and Intelligence
- IT Security
- Health Information Technology (HIT)
- Enterprise IT Management
Computer and Information Systems Manager
Median Salary: National $146,360; Atlanta Metro $93,950
Job Growth by 2029: National 10%
Information Security Analyst
Median Salary: National $99,730; Atlanta Metro $100,810
Job Growth by 2029: National 31%
*Sources: Bureau of Labor Statistics and O*Net Online
KSU’s graduate Information Technology program offers many unique benefits, including:
- Career Transition Opportunity – Program is designed to educate people with or without a computing background, providing a pathway for “career changers” who want to enter the high-paying, in-demand IT field.
- Designed for Working Professionals – MSIT offers convenient and flexible class options, including after-hour (evening) and online classes. The program can be completed 100% online, 100% on campus, or a hybrid format.
- Nationally Ranked & Affordable – Ranked among the nation’s best in educational quality and affordability, including being recognized in the Best Online Graduate Information Technology programs by U.S. News and World Report and the Top 50 Best Value for Online Graduate Information Technology Programs.
- Innovative Curriculum & Quality Instruction – Program offers concentrations in data analytics and intelligence, IT security, HIT, and enterprise IT management. All courses are taught by expert faculty with Ph.D. or doctoral degrees.
The Department of Information Technology also offers certifications in IT Foundations, IT Security, Health Information Technology, Enterprise IT Management, and Data Analytics and Intelligence.
Department of Information Technology
1Program tuition is an estimate based on the average student's time to complete. Costs for books, travel, other miscellaneous fees (parking, labs, graduation, etc.) are not included. Tuition and fee changes are posted in the Spring and are effective for Fall semester. Please note that fees are subject to change at the end of any academic term without prior notice. For additional information, see tuition and fees or graduate program financial aid.