Master of Science in Prosthetics and Orthotics (MSPO)
The 48-hour Master of Science in Prosthetics and Orthotics degree is designed to prepare leaders who will utilize science as the framework for problem-solving. The two-year full-time applied science curriculum combines clinically oriented coursework in rehabilitation medicine, allied health science and prosthetics/orthotics with engineering.
This interdisciplinary graduate program is housed in KSU’s Department of Exercise and Sport Management in the Wellstar College of Health and Human Services. As the only program of its kind in Georgia and one of just 13 nationwide, the program will leverage KSU’s established strengths in clinical care, health sciences and engineering.
Learn in World-Class Facilities
You will learn in new state-of-the-art clinical and technical facilities:
- Clinical Lab
- Physical Assessment Labs
- Clinical Simulation Labs
- Device Assembly Lab
- Machine Room
- Biomechanics and Motion Analysis Labs
Orthotists and Prosthetists
Median Salary: $68,410 national; $68,100 Georgia
Job Growth: 20% national; 33% Georgia
- State-of-the-Art Research Facilities — Increase your exposure to technology, innovation and engineering principles in KSU’s state-of-the-art clinical, technical and research laboratories.
- Cohort-Based Program — Take advantage of the community building and collaboration opportunities that cohort-based programs offer. You’ll have access to a supportive peer network during and after the program.
- Evidence-Based Clinical Practice — Discover evidence-based methods including clinical measurement, molding and digital scanning techniques to fabricate custom-molded orthoses and prostheses.
- Make a Positive Impact — Develop a lifelong career of helping people, and fill professional roles in a range of settings with clients/patients of diverse backgrounds across the lifespan.
Department of Exercise Science and Sport Management
Prosthetics and Orthotics Degree Quicklinks
Application Fee: $140 for the first program you apply to; $45 for each additional program
Related Degrees and Certificates
1Program tuition is an estimate based on the average student's time to complete. Costs for books, travel, other miscellaneous fees (parking, labs, graduation, etc.) are not included. Tuition and fee changes are posted in the Spring and are effective for Fall semester. Please note that fees are subject to change at the end of any academic term without prior notice. For additional information, see tuition and fees or graduate program financial aid.