A leader in non-traditional doctoral education, the Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration (PhD) program at Kennesaw State University is an innovative program offered by an AACSB-accredited business school. Enrolling in this innovative program will allow you to advance your goal of obtaining an academic position at an AACSB-accredited university. With more than 100 alumni, the program’s impact on academe and the business community is far reaching and will provide you with the opportunity to develop and strengthen your network. Our alumni have an established record of publishing in high quality peer-reviewed academic journals, thus demonstrating the quality of research conducted by our alumni.
KSU’s PhD in Business Administration Program is intended for two types of doctoral students:
- Academic professionals, such as lecturers and adjuncts, who wish to establish a stronger academic presence and pursue a tenure-track position.
- Working professionals who wish to establish an academic presence, pursuing either faculty or administrative positions.
The PhD in Business Administration Program is designed around intensive weekend residencies, so you can successfully attend while continuing with your current line of employment. Our concentrations allow you to focus on a specific area of business:
- Information Systems
Assistant professors at major universities earn a median of $92,100 annually, according to Salary.com. However, salaries can vary widely depending upon the university size, length of employment, additional responsibilities, and other factors.
PhD alumni hold these types of positions at AACSB-accredited universities across the United States:
Continue to Work and Study – You can continue your full-time job, while pursuing doctoral studies, unlike most traditional doctoral programs.
Residency-based Program – You will engage in an intense once-a-month residency structure (Friday – Sunday) while taking classes in our program, unlike traditional programs that have courses taught throughout the week.
- Complete the Program in as Little as Three Years – The first two years of the Program consist of in-class residencies. The third year focuses on dissertation research and does not require in-class residencies.
For more information, please contact
PhD in Business Admin Quick Links
1The Program’s total tuition (including fees and the deposit) was $96,500 for the cohort entering in 2020. Tuition increases can occur for all cohorts entering in 2021 and after. Additional tuition and fees occur if the Program is not completed in 48-credit hours
Additional Program Costs Include:
- Personal technology needs
- Travel and accommodations to Kennesaw for residencies
- Paper and printing (class/research preparation)
- Academic association memberships and conference travel
- Research costs (data, travel, data gathering)
- Other fees implemented by the State of Georgia Board of Regents