Give a Hoot! Students can stay well this winter by getting your flu shot through Student Health Services. You can schedule an appointment in-clinic starting October 1 by calling 470-578-6644 or scheduling online through ZocDoc or your EPIC MyChart account.
Steps to Stop the Flu From Spreading
Take everyday preventative action to stop the spread of germs.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting them.
- If you are sick with flu-like illness, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities. Your fever should be gone for 24 hours without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs like the flu.
To learn more about flu prevention, please visit the CDC's website.