Early-Career Entrepreneurship Award
As the largest influence on American job growth, entrepreneurship has always been
a critical pillar of the Coles College of Business's mission. In recognition of the
importance of entrepreneurship in the global economy and the entrepreneurial spirit
embraced by the College, we are recognizing an alumnus who has achieved early success
in one or more commercially viable companies. In a true entrepreneurial fashion, this
individual is a motivated self-starter who has demonstrated exceptional drive and
leadership to make their company a success.
Our alumni entrepreneurs make consistent, positive contributions to the community
through their various efforts.
Nomination Criteria for Alumni Eligible for this Award:
- Nominees have founded or co-founded one or more commercially viable companies
- Nominees can demonstrate early initial success based on business plan and goals
- Nominees have established and secured a sustainable pipeline of funding for product
- Nominees have received external recognition and/or validation from their peers and/or
- Nominees are inspiring role models, mentors, or champions in their industry
- Nominees are making a positive contribution to their community, or impact on society
through their company, voluntary, or charitable activities
Nomination Requirements (maximum of two pages):
- Biography or resume of the nominee
- Provide information about the nominee’s company or companies including relevant highlights, tangible achievements, and/or key milestones (Could include fundraising milestones, number of employees, turnover, accolades, etc.)
- Outline the company’s high-value grants and/or significant funding/investments.
- Summarize the nominee’s key entrepreneurial achievements and explain how they have demonstrated exceptional drive and leadership to make their company or companies a success (This could include examples of when they have taken a creative and innovative approach
and the outcome.)
- Share any external, industry, and/or other public recognition in the form of awards,
honors, accolades etc. for the individual and/or the business(es)
- Please provide examples that demonstrate how the nominee is making a positive contribution to their community, or having an impact on society through their company, voluntary, or charitable activities (This could include inspiring others as a role model, mentoring, service to the College,
Nominations for the Five in Flight Awards are now closed.