The mission of the Office of International Safety & Security is to support safe international travel experiences for Kennesaw State University students, faculty and staff.
We do this by:
- Monitoring worldwide events, analyzing global intelligence and disseminating important travel advice
- Assisting in the development of study abroad programming and non-credit bearing international experiences with a focus on health, safety and security
- Conducting risk assessments, pre-departure briefings and trainings
- International Risk Management Advisory Board (IRMAB) in reviewing requests for travel to high risk destinations
- Overseeing travel registration and supplemental insurance enrollment process for international travelers
- Serving as the 24/7 first responder for university-sponsored travelers experiencing an emergency while traveling abroad
- Coordinating emergency response with Kennesaw State University’s international insurance and assistance providers
Need Immediate Assistance?
If you are experiencing an international or immigration emergency outside of normal business hours, please contact Global Education staff through the KSU Department of Public Safety and University Police at +1.470.578.6666. Please identify yourself as either: 1.) a student, faculty, or staff member experiencing an emergency abroad or 2.) an international student or scholar for your call to be routed appropriately.