KSU Library's Course Reserves service allows instructors to place physical or electronic items on reserve for your class for the duration of the semester.
- Materials may be the instructor’s own copies of books, CD's, DVD's or articles that you drop off or send via .pdf.
- Instructors can also specify items from the collection that we will temporarily relocate to Electronic Reserves for your students.
- Simply fill in the e-form request, which instructors can find below in Submit Reserves - Faculty.
- Once an instructor submits a request and drops off the materials, please allow 5 business days for us to get them ready.
- As soon as the instructor receives an email that the request is completed students will have access to either check items out or view them electronically.
- For Electronic Reserves, faculty will receive an e-reserves course password to give to students to access the reserve materials online.
Kennesaw State University Library System is required to comply with all applicable copyright and intellectual property laws. All KSU faculty, staff, and students are expected to do the same and we will work with you to ensure that all material placed on reserve complies with copyright law. It is the individual responsibility of all faculty, staff, and students to obtain copyright clearance. Please contact the Course Reserves Coordinator for guidance.
Electronic Reserve Items
Location: Electronic Reserves Account
Viewable Period: Not available after the course has ended
Access: Net ID/Password & Course Password - PROVIDED BY YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Bring items (with folders) to the Check Out Desk, Ground floor. Allow (5) days before announcing availability.
Read Electronic Reserve Guidelines
Submit Reserves Form
Allow (5) days before announcing availability.
Provide students with the E-Reserves Course Password (E-Mailed to you)
Provide students with a link in D2L
Fines & Fees Policy
- Overdue fines for Electronics (laptops & iPads) are $10 per hour.
- Overdue fines for 3 day or 7 day reserves is $3.00 per day.
- Maximum fine is $35 per item.
- Delinquent accounts may result in an administrative hold that could prevent registration for future terms and possibly graduation.
Lost or Damaged Items
Replacement cost determined by library.