After applying for admission to the university, students should complete the VA Intake Form.  This form is to be completed and returned to your VA School Certifying Official, listed below (via KSU student email or in person).  It tells us who you are and provides your contact information.  Students must also provide a Certificate of Eligibility from the VA with their VA Intake Form.  The Certificate of Eligibility tells us which benefit the student plans to use (Chapter 33, 1606, 30 and 35).

For VA Chapter 31 (Veteran Readiness & Employment, also known as VR&E), students must provide us the VA Intake Form.  They should also ask their Chapter 31 VR&E Counselor to upload the VA authorization to use their benefit.  If any other paperwork is required, the School Certifying Official will notify the student through their KSU student email.

For Chapters 33, 1606, 30, and 35, to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility, the student must go to to begin the application process through the VA.

  • Veterans and Dependents
    Complete Form 22-1990 (dependents use Form 22-1990e) if you have NEVER used your educational benefits.
  • Survivors' and Dependents' Benefits
    Complete Form 22-5490 if you have NEVER used your educational benefits.

VA Benefit programs available at Kennesaw State University

  • Montgomery GI Bill®️/Chapter 30: (active duty or veteran status) must have served in the United States Armed Forces and participated in the GI Bill®️ program.  In most instances, veterans must also have been honorably discharged.
  • Montgomery GI Bill®️/Chapter 1606: (selected guard and reserves) must have completed all initial entry training (IET) and are now assigned to a Reserve and/or a Georgia National Guard Unit.
  • VA VR&E/Chapter 31: (service-connected disabled veterans) must make application with a local VA caseworker to have a VR&E plan developed indicating a KSU degree plan.
  • Post 9/11 GI Bill®️/Chapter 33: must have active duty service on or after September 11, 2001.  Benefit is based on service credits.
  • Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program/ Chapter 35:  dependents and spouses of 100% disabled or deceased veterans.

Specific information on each chapter can be found on the VA's website:

Each semester, VA students wishing to use their benefit will be required to submit a Request for Certification form.  Please go to the VA Students’ Responsibilities tab to find the form and for more specific information regarding your benefit.

GI Bill®️ is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website.

KSU Certifying Officials

Annie Bresler
Last Names: A-E
Phone: 470-578-6431
Donna Barrett
Last Names: F-G
Phone: 470-578-3031

Mya Morris
Last Names: H-K
Phone: 470-578-7647

Amy Alexander
Last Names: L-Q
Phone: 470-578-5951

Julie Morris
Last Names: R-Z
Phone: 470-578-3066

TA Certifying Official

Michael Redd
Phone: 470-578-6332