For the 10th anniversary of the KSU High School Dance Festival, there are some changes
to the Performances at the Festival. The afternoon concert of student choreography
is now being moved to, and combined with, the Celebration concerts.
We presented student choreography during the evening concerts and some have received
Festival Recognition from the Adjudicators. By moving all the performances to the
Dance Theater, all works will be fully produced on stage, have a technical rehearsal,
and get a video recording of the performance.
The 2024 KSU Dance Festival will feature two Adjudicated Concerts – The Celebration Concerts. Concert A on Saturday, February 3rd at 6:00p.m. and Concert B on Sunday, February 4th at 3:30p.m.
The two Celebration Concerts will be reviewed by a panel of dance adjudicators. Written
feedback from the adjudicators will be provided to each performance group following
This is a private performance and only festival attendees can attend the concerts
although each group will be given two tickets to use for two outside guests of their
choice. There will be no additional tickets available.
KSU High School Festival 2024 Guidelines
The 2024 KSU Dance Festival takes place on Saturday, February 3rd and Sunday, February
- All students must be current high school-age students.
- The festival is open to High School Dance programs and Dance Studios. There are no
individual student registration options.
- Early Registration runs from October 2nd, 2023 through October 31st, 2023 is $110
- Regular Registration runs from November 1st, 2023 through January 5th 2024.
- Each group may bring 3 chaperone/faculty at no additional charge.
- All Festival attendees must be registered. No unregistered guest will be allowed into
or at any Festival location or eve
- Chaperones/faculty must be onsite at all times while their students are present.
- There is an initial cap of 25 students per organization. On December 1st, 2023, if
the Festival has not sold-out, this cap will be lifted and groups can register additional
students until the Festival is at capacity.
- All classes take place at the Department of Dance Facilities at Chastain Pointe just
off the main Kennesaw Campus. All parking is free for the Festival week-end.
- Lunch will be provided each day at the KSU Commons on the main Kennesaw campus. This
is a food court-type facility with a variety of meals to accommodate all tastes and
- There are two Celebration Concerts. Each group may present one work total between
these two concerts. There is an additional $50 fee to perform in the Celebration concerts.
Please see concert guidelines for more details.
- The Celebration Concerts will take place on the Marietta Campus at the Dance Theater.
- The Celebration Concerts are private and only open to registered Festival Attendees.
At Saturday morning check-in, each group will be given 2 tickets to each concert to
use for outside guest. There are no additional tickets available for the concerts.
Additional information will be posted on the Festival Website at ksudance.com. Emails
with additional registration details and weekly updates will be sent to the group
contact once they have registered. Questions can be sent to KSUDance@kennesw.edu
Celebration – Adjudicated Concert Guidelines:
- All performers must be current high school-age students.
- All performers must be registered for the KSU Dance Festival by January 5th, 2024.
- There is a limit of 25 performers per organization.
- All performers must be available for one technical rehearsal. Tech rehearsals will
be scheduled in advance on the evenings of January 31 through February 2nd. There
will also be limited tech rehearsal times on Saturday afternoon 2/3/24 but these slots
will result in students missing an afternoon festival master class. Each group will
be assigned a 20 minute tech rehearsal time slot.
- Each dance must be a minimum of 3 minutes, and no more than 7 minutes in length.
- Only one work can be submitted from each organization (i.e. high school or studio).
- Choreography may be by a faculty member, guest artist, student, or a re-staging of
- There can be no hanging or rigging of scenic elements. Any scenery or props must be
set and struck by the company performers within 1 minute of the start and end of the
- There is a $50 adjudication fee to perform in this concert and each group will be
given a link to download a video of their performance
Student Showcase Guidelines:
|There is no showcase concert. All work will be performed at the Dance Theater on one
of the two Celebration Concerts.