Interview Kennesaw State University Candidates
The Department of Career Planning & Development (DCPD) offers several ways for recruiters
to meet individually with KSU students and alumni to discuss open opportunities. Please
review the types of interview scheduling below and select the option that is the best
fit for your company. Prime collegiate recruiting season runs September through November
and February through April.
Types of Interview Scheduling
- At Your Location/Virtual: Recruiter invites candidates to interview at your offices or virtually through an online meeting platform (e.g., Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.). Please use the information provided on the resume or application to contact candidates directly and schedule interviews.
- Preselect Schedule: Recruiter requests an interview schedule to be set up in Handshake. Recruiters review
applications and select candidates they would like to interview, and then candidates
select interview time slots within the system. Interview schedules are confirmed 2-business
days before interviews are held. This can also be done for virtual interviews.
- Open Schedule: Recruiter requests an interview schedule in Handshake, that allows candidates to
apply during a specific application period. If the candidate meets qualifications
set within the schedule, they can select an interview time slot immediately after
submitting their application. This can also be done for virtual interviews.
- Build Your Own / Room Only: Recruiters request a schedule in Handshake to interview candidates they identified
through earlier recruiting activities such as fairs, job postings, etc. The space
is reserved in Handshake and you are responsible for scheduling candidates directly
to interview times. This can also be done for virtual interviews.
NOTE: Professional attire is required for students to participate.
***Only Equal Opportunity Employers may use KSU facilities to interview.
How to Request an Interview Schedule in Handshake
- Determine if you will be hosting interviews at your location, virtual, or on-campus at KSU..
- Meet KSU criteria of previous recruiting activity -- job posting in Handshake and/or
attending one of our job and internship fairs.
- Select to "Request an Interview Schedule" from your home dashboard. Review Handshake Help Article for step-by-step visual
guidance: How to Post an Interview Schedule to a School. If you do not see the option to request an interview schedule, please contact a
member of our Employer Relations Team (email@example.com or 470-578-2724) to review eligibility and add the permissions to your Handshake account.
- Complete the form by selecting Kennesaw State University and filling out the “Basics” tab with your information.
- Please keep in mind that if you are requesting space accommodations for on-campus interviewing, you will want to allow time for our staff to process the request and for candidates to apply for the position(s) PRIOR to the date you would like to come on campus (4+ weeks during "peak" recruiting). This will ensure a successful interviewing experience.
- Be sure to include 2-3 alternate dates for on-campus interviews and include # of spaces/rooms you will need in the “Requested Room Count” section, along with other details about your request that will assist us in processing the request.
- Select the interview timeline template to create time slots for your interview candidates
(Build Your Own/Room Only, Preselect to Alternate, or Preselect) or create your own
timeline and interview slot template.
- Add the job description for candidates to apply through Handshake (create a new job,
copy job details, use existing job, edit job, etc.).
- Click "Request" at the bottom of the page and our team will process as we are able.
- Manage applicant status and messaging preferences when you receive the confirmation that the schedule has been approved.
Tips for Successful Interviewing on Campus
- Submit your job posting in Handshake as early as possible for students to review and
apply. Refrain from making changes to your recruiting date and schedule unless it
is absolutely necessary.
- Select preselect candidates in Handshake by the designated deadline.
- Contact us as soon as possible if you must make ANY changes to your interview schedule
at 470-578-2724 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Make sure any representative(s) who will be coming on campus have all the information
needed (map, parking instructions, and other directions) for the interview location