Welcome transfer and change of major KSU students. The Bachelor of Architecture (B.ARCH) degree is a five-year, professional degree with a 10-semester studio sequence. Upon meeting the Architecture Program entry requirements, change of major and transfer students may begin their degree requirements with Architecture Studio I.
For transfer and change of major students, the Department also offers an Accelerated Track (AT). This program is a three-semester track (Fall/Spring/Summer) that fulfills the requirements of the lower division Architecture curriculum.
The Accelerated Track is rigorous and acceptance is competitive. To be eligible for the AT:
- A student must have completed a minimum of 36 applied university credit hours
- The completed 36 credit hours must include a minimum of 6 General Education courses required by the Architecture curriculum
- The completed 36 credit hours must include Math 1113 or higher
Competitive selection is based upon:
- Completion of Physics 1111&Lab or Physics 2211&Lab
- Application Essay
Spring 2023 Important Dates:
- Application submission form priority DEADLINE at midnight Friday, July 7, 2023
- Acceptance acknowledgments issued by Friday, July 14, 2023
Students who finish the Accelerated Track are eligible to submit their portfolio for review to enter the upper division in the fall. Once accepted into the upper division, students will take the remaining courses required to complete the B.ARCH degree. All courses must be passed with a ‘C’ or higher to be applied to the B.ARCH degree and all students must maintain a 2.5 GPA.
Students entering the Accelerated Track are encouraged and highly recommend that they schedule and attend the summer workshop.AT COURSE CHART
- ARCH 1000: Intro to Architecture
- ARCH 1011: Accelerated Studio I
- ARCH 1012: Accelerated Studio II
- ARCH 1241: Design Communication I
- ARCH 2013: Accelerated Studio III
- ARCH 2111: Architecture Culture I
- ARCH 2211: Structures I
- ARCH 2242: Design Communication II
- ARCH 2311: Environmental Technology I
For more information on courses, please refer to the Undergraduate Catalog.Accelerated Studio Interest