The Madhuri and Jagdish N. Sheth Distinguished Alumni Award for Exceptional Humanitarian and Service Achievement recognizes alumni who are highly distinguished in their profession, who have made outstanding contributions to government, humanity, industry science, art, or human welfare.
This recipient demonstrates the strength of their education at Kennesaw State University through dedicated international service which exemplifies the highest ideals of selflessness and dedication to the welfare of communities outside of the United States.
Please see below for eligibility, required documents, timeline and link to nominate an International Distinguished Alumni.
- Nominee must have earned a degree from Kennesaw State University or Southern Polytechnic State University (in exceptional cases, attendance without a degree may be considered).
- Nominee was a citizen of a country other than the United States at the time of enrollment at Kennesaw State University.
- Nominee has distinguished themselves in service activities outside of the United States.
- Nominee is not currently be a member of Kennesaw State University faculty, staff or Board of Trustees.
- Nominee is highly distinguished in their business, profession, and/or life's work, either internationally or nationally in their own country.
- Nominee's stature and accomplishment are such that students, faculty, and staff of Kennesaw State University will take pride in and be inspired by their recognition.
- Nominee's contributions to humanity, science, art, or human welfare have helped the citizens of their country and/or the global population.
- Nominee's activities reflect the value of their education at Kennesaw State University.
- Narrative – Up to five pages describing the nominee's achievements and impact, and why they are deserving of the award.
- CV or Resume – Up to five pages with the most relevant information related to the award.
- Letters of Support – Up to two pages per letter describing the nominee's impact and achievements. Two letters of support requested.
- March 6, 2024 at 5:00 pm: Deadline to submit nominations.
- March 2025: Selection committees review nominations and make recommendations for winners and finalists where applicable.
- March 2024: Announcement
- April 2024: Award Ceremony
Review the eligibility section to ensure that your nominee meets all requirements and that you have all required documents prior to submitting the appropriate award nomination form.
Past Award Recipients
Daniela Carvajalino, Karen Carvajalino, Stephanie Carvajalino
Elizabeth Elango Bintliff