What is Bulk Mail?
Bulk Mail is a service that has no guaranteed delivery standards but is usually delivered within a week to ten days in the continental United States. Campus Postal Services at Kennesaw State University maintains mailing permits that allow us to process large mailings at a cost of about one-third that of First-Class Mail. You cannot use the bulk mail permit for international mailings.
Guidelines for Utilizing Bulk Mail
- Minimum 200 pieces.
- All addresses are to be submitted through the National Change of Address (NCOA) as required by the United State Postal Services. Submissions must be in an Excel document including each recipient’s full name and address.
- Not time-sensitive.
- ZIP codes must be in numerical order.
- All pieces must be the same size and weight.
- Pieces must be less than 16 ounces.
- All pieces must be sealed. Do not use staples.
- No handwritten addresses – all address have to be typed.
- All envelopes are required to have a return address.
- No international mailing address can be included in the
Bulk Mail Indicia
If using a print company, a copy of the print proof must be submitted to Campus Postal Services for approval. If not using a printing company, the indicia may be applied by a mail room staff member.