Kennesaw Campus Postal Services provides the University with convenient access to mailing services. We process incoming and outgoing mail for the University. Campus Postal Services provides United States Postal Service express mail, priority mail, and tracking services and offers envelopes, boxes, and postage for sale.
The goal of Campus Postal Services is to provide recipients and senders of mail and packages with the best service possible.
Residential Kennesaw Campus students pick up their mail and packages at the Student Mail Services window located on the second floor in the James V. Carmichael Student Center, Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Services Offered by Student Mail Services
Services include, but are not limited to:
- First-Class Mail
- Priority Mail
- Express Mail
Drop-off point for:
- United States Postal Services
- FedEx (Prepaid Label Only)
- UPS (Prepaid Label Only)
Regulations, Guidelines and Procedures
The correct address format for mail and common carriers is as follows:
Campus Mailbox Number
1000 Chastain Road
Kennesaw, GA 30144
To find your Campus Mailbox Number, log in to the Housing Portal and select the "Personal Info" tab in the top gold menu bar.
Student mail addressed without a Campus Mailbox Number will not receive an email. Students will also not receive an email for items when addressed to a nickname, a parent or items shipped in care of a second party.
For Amazon & Third-Party deliveries (i.e., Laser Ship), please be sure to Update Delivery Instructions as follows:
- Open from Monday – Friday, from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday – closed for deliveries
- Can this address receive deliveries on Federal holidays? NO
- Where should we receive this package at this address? Mailroom or property staff
Collecting Packages and Mail
Residential students living on the Kennesaw Campus with properly addressed packages and first-class mail will pick up their mail a the Student Mail Services window located on the second floor in the James V. Carmichael Student Center. Until you receive an email, your item is not ready for pickup. A valid picture ID will be required to pick up the item.
- Students have 15 days to pick up letter mail and packages.
- To ensure receipt, Student Mail Services will send two email notifications for packages during the 15 days. After 15 days, the item will be returned to the sender.
Recipients will either receive an email from "Packcity" firstname.lastname@example.org or directly from Student Mail Services:
- Packcity Locker Notification: You will receive an email with pick up codes which contain an identification and authentication code. The email will be sent from Packcity.es. If using the Outlook App, the email may appear in your "Other" folder instead of your inbox.
- Directly from Student Mail Services: You will receive an email directly from Student Mail Services. Your package will be at the Student Mail Services window for pick-up.
Emergency Package Pickup Authorization
If for any reason you are unable to pick up a package or mail, another individual may be designated to pick up the item(s) on your behalf from Student Mail Services. The recipient must forward the received email to email@example.com with the name of the authorized individual picking up the item. The individual picking up the item must bring a picture ID.
Unidentified Recipient Items
Items received with an unknown recipient will not be logged in; these items will be held for seven to ten (7 – 10) working days before being returned to the sender. It is the responsibility of the recipient to check with Student Mail Services if expecting a package or mail and have not received an email notification. Recipients should be prepared to provide as much information as possible about the item, including the tracking number and sender name.
Non-Residential Students Mail
Commuter students will not receive an email notification for packages or mail. However, if a letter or package is delivered for a student who does not live in on-campus housing, the package or mail will be held for 5 days. After the 5 day period, the letter/package will be returned to the sender.
Students that have moved or graduated can get their first-class mail forwarded up to a period of three months. Parcels received will be returned back to the sender. In order to get your mail forwarded to a new address, please fill out the mail forwarding request form.
FedEx, UPS and DHL
Mail from these carriers cannot be forwarded.
- Students need to contact these carriers to have their packages shipped from Student Mail Services to an alternative address.
- Labels are available for purchase at Student Mail Services to have your package shipped to an alternative address.
- Students can email shipping labels to Student Mail Services and Student Mail Services will ship the package to the address on the label.
After 15 days, packages will be returned to the sender unless other arrangements have been made.
For all items received (i.e. food, flowers, etc.), the student will receive an email notification for pick up within 24 hours. After this time period, if the item has not been picked up or the department has not been notified, the item will be returned to the sender.
Note: Illegal contraband is not permitted through KSU Postal Services.