Kennesaw State University Counseling and Psychological Services (CPS) is seeking applications for our Student Advisory Board (SAB) to support campus-wide mental health initiatives and input into CPS programs and services. We strive to have a group that is representative of the KSU student body, so we welcome students of all ages, classifications, and residential status. Additionally, we want students who represent a diverse range of identities and affiliations such as veterans, athletes, international students, the LGBTQ community, and communities of color. The CPS Advisory Board will serve as a vital connection between CPS and the campus community.
Enrolled as a KSU undergraduate or graduate student.
Submit an application and agree to participate in an in-person interview.
Commit to attending monthly meetings for the term of one academic year.
Approach the role with an open mind and willingness to think creatively to provide CPS with feedback about services. You do not have to be familiar with CPS services to participate, but it is important to be open and interested in learning more.
- Must have a flexible schedule to participate in meetings and campus events.
- Members will become familiar with the operations of CPS, a service-oriented department within a large university community.
- Members will gain the opportunity to network with other students who are interested in student services.
- Members will obtain valuable skills and experience that will help boost their résumés.
- Members will strengthen their interpersonal skills and their ability to relate with others in a professional setting.
- Members will have exposure to counseling center professionals and receive mentoring from CPS staff members, especially when considering careers in mental health.
- Students will implement project development skills to create outreach events/ informative workshops for students.
- Attend two meetings per month (estimated 2 hours)
- Attend QPR training and Mental Health First Aid Training
- Assist with developing initiatives to increase Student Awareness of CPS services, programs and activities
- Identify and execute effective methods of student engagement related to mental health awareness
- Conduct standard outreach presentations
- Provide CPS with feedback regarding services and presence on KSU campuses by developing and implementing evaluation
- Coordinate an open house for community organizations, on campus departments, and potential partners
- Assist with developing, advertising, and implementing outreach programs.
- Host information tables at various on campus events
- Participate in search committees for hiring new CPS Staff
- Marketing and advertising for CPS services and activities*
*This will be a specific position on the board. Please note your interest in being considered for this position in your application.
- The CPS Advisory Board is student led and run will consist of 5 - 10 KSU students.
- The CPS Advisory board will meet biweekly for the fall semester and monthly for spring semester. *subject to change over the course of the academic year.
- The CPS Advisory Board will meet with the Executive Director and at least one other CPS staff member.
- The CPS Advisory Board positions will consist of Chair and co-chair, secretary, marketing and advertising lead, and representatives from different student populations.
- Now accepting new SAB members! Apply online
- Complete the application, including the 2 short essays, and upload your resume.
Applicants will be notified of invitation for interview within 2-3 weeks of submission.