Space for the Betty L. Siegel Student Recreation and Activities Center (SRAC), Recreation & Wellness Center, Owl's Nest and the Perch may be reserved by university department or university chartered organization according to specific guidelines. While spaces may be reserved, they may not necessarily be available for exclusive use.Recreational Facility Use Fees Facility Rules and Guidelines
- All University policies and procedures must be observed at all times. No tobacco, drugs or alcohol is permitted on campus or any event. All events requesting food must be approved by KSU catering.
- KSU reserves the right to delay, postpone, and cancel events due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances surrounding the facility.
- Facility must be returned in the condition it was upon arrival. (e.g. trash removed to dumpster, tables and chairs returned to storage by stated closing time) or additional fees will be applied.
- KSU Campus Security/Police will be consulted to establish a security plan for the event. Any costs associated with the plan will be paid in full by the user group.
- All competitive sporting events requires a Certified Emergency Medical Technician or Certified Athletic trainer on site during competition hours.
- A Certificate of Liability/Insurance, event waiver, and contract require KSU Legal Approval prior to confirmation of event and must be made available to KSU Sports and Recreation two weeks prior to the event.
- All minors are required to have a legal guardian sign their facility waiver.
- KSU reserves the right to cancel events for non-receipt of required information.
- KSU University Parking will be consulted to establish a parking plan for the event. Any costs associated with the plan will be paid in full by the user group.
- On site verification by the user group event staff must ensure all participants have signed KSU waiver to participate. Non-participating spectators are not required to sign a waiver.
- All groups require a previously determined point of contact from the user group to be on site for the entirety of the event, which includes set up and break down.
- Facility requests must be made a minimum of two weeks in advance.
- Reservation requests must all pertinent information. User groups may be asked to rent their own resources (tables, chairs, etc.) due to inventory supply on hand in the recreation center (University Events does not coordinate events in the recreation centers). A fee of $200.00 will be applied to the user group if floor covering is required.
- Any event could be subject to review by the KSU Campus Events Planning Committee.
- Any rental requests beyond normal operating hours will be reviewed; if approved and available, the cost of additional staff will be paid by the user group.
- Additional equipment Is available at an additional cost and are itemized in the matrix - Recreational Facility Use Fees