Your adventure is just beginning, and your journey begins now. When you come to Kennesaw State University, you'll join over 45,000 students throughout the Southeast and 102 countries worldwide. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is the third-largest university in the state and one of the best values in public education. KSU offers innovative, hands-on learning opportunities and a strong foundation in critical thinking that will prepare you to lead in your future career and community.

Which type of student are you? Choose your student type to view specific admission requirements. 


Freshman / Transfer Freshman

You should apply for Freshman Admission if you are:

  • a senior in high school or
  • graduated high school within the last 5 years and have not enrolled in another college or university after graduating.

You should apply for Transfer Freshman admission if you:

  • graduated from high school in the last five years,
  • attended another college, and have earned less than 30 semester hours or 50 quarter hours of transferrable college credit.

Transfer Student

You should apply as a Transfer student if you:

  • graduated from high school
  • have earned 30 semester hours or 50 quarter hours of transferable college credit
Transfer Student
Building with a arrow pointing to the right
Sign post pointing left and right

Dual Enrollment

The Dual Enrollment Program (DEP) provides high school juniors and seniors an opportunity to get a head start on college. Students take college classes in lieu of high school classes and earn both high school and college credit simultaneously.

Please visit the GAFutures website for more information about the state-supported Dual Enrollment Program.

Dual Enrollment

International Students

You should apply for International Admission if you are:

  • Not a U.S. Citizen.
  • Currently in the U.S. on an F-1 (student) visa.
  • Currently living outside the U.S., and will require an F-1 visa to study in the United States.
  • Currently in the U.S. on any other class of visa.
  • In the process of applying for Permanent Residency status but have not yet received the Permanent Residency card.
  • Receive a Permanent Residency card.
  • Have been educated outside of the U.S.
International Student
Person standing with a question mark

Other Student Groups

You are considered an Adult Learner/Non-traditional if you meet the following criteria:

  • Previously graduated from high school, or whose high school class graduated, five or more years ago.
  • Earned a high school diploma OR satisfactorily completed the GED.
  • If previously attended college, completed fewer than 30 transferable semester hours of college credit.
Other Student