Coles College Faculty Blogs are designed to share faculty’s wonderful ideas and work in research, teaching, service, and higher education administration-related areas.
A non-academic summary of Coles faculty peer-reviewed research focusing on the implication of research finding for practitioners. The idea is to make these posts interesting and easy to read for non-academic (managers and business owners) audiences. Examples of such blog posts can be found on the Sage publication Social Science Space blogs.
If you are interested, for guidance on what to write, you might consider writing about some of the following questions in your post
- What motivated you to pursue this research?
- Were there any specific external events—political, social, or economic—that influenced your decision to pursue this research?
- What has been the most challenging aspect of conducting your research? Were there any surprising findings?
- In what ways is your research innovative, and how do you think it will impact the field?
- What did not make it into your published manuscript that you would like to share with us?
- What advice would you give to new scholars and incoming researchers in this particular field of study?
- What is the most important/ influential piece of scholarship you’ve read in the last year?
You might also provide your own “backstory” with a catchy headline!