Strengthen YOUR Organization
Does your organization work to eradicate poverty? Could you use a position dedicated to building you organizational capacity, increasing volunteer involvement, or cultivating community partnerships? An AmeriCorps VISTA Member could be the perfect addition to your team!
AmeriCorps VISTA Members work to strengthen organizational capacity at non-profit and public agencies. They serve over 40 hours per week for 12-month periods, VISTA members can provide indirect support in a variety of areas, including, but not limited to, marketing and outreach campaigns, social media growth, grant writing, database creation, and volunteer coordination.
- Recruit, screen, and interview VISTA Members for your position opening
- Assist you in developing work plans and assignment descriptions for your VISTA Members
- Act as a liaison between your organization, VISTA Members, and the Corporation for the National and Community Service (CNCS)
- Provide professional development and training opportunities, including a Pre-Service Orientation, for your VISTA Member
- A project supervisor for the activities of the VISTA Member
- Furnish access to a workstation (individual access to a computer and phone beginning on the first day of service) based on the projects given to your VISTA member
- Clear work plans and assignment descriptions
- Work-based orientation and training regarding your organization and expectations
- Funds for parking, professional development and training, and/or mileage reimbursement for travel related to your projects