Multidisciplinary treatment teams are considered the standard of care when treating eating disorders/disordered eating. Due to the multifaceted nature of eating disorders, which affect the emotional, psychological, and physiological aspects of a person, a treatment team consisting of professionals from a variety of disciplines is imperative. The HEAL Team strives to create a body-positive campus culture through awareness, education and events.
The HEAL Team collaborates to provide the appropriate level of assessment, intervention, support, and/or referrals for KSU students who present with eating and/or body image concerns.
- Provide treatment plans that are individualized and may include clinical case management, counseling, psychiatry, medical care/ lab work, nutrition services, and/ or movement support.
- Provide ethical and evidence-based treatment.
- Determine the appropriate level of care based on the student's needs.
- Make recommendations based on progress and level of functioning.
- Connect students with community resources and referrals as needed.
- Collaborate with other offices, as necessary, to promote academic success and progress.