Meet with a Dietitian
Health Promotion and Wellness proudly offers enrolled students a variety of nutrition services to help improve health and well-being including nutrition counseling, cooking demonstrations, nutrition workshops and more. Nutrition Services are provided by registered dietitians which means they have successfully completed academic and professional requirements as well as passed a board certified exam.
The Health Promotion and Wellness dietitians follow a non-diet, weight neutral approach to nutrition. This approach includes Intuitive Eating, Health at Every Size®, and mindfulness principles to foster positive relationships with food and body image.
Nutrition counseling includes meeting one-on-one with a registered and licensed dietitian to discuss any concerns you may have with your current eating patterns and your relationship with food and/or your body. Nutrition counseling can be provided in person or virtually via Microsoft Teams to clients who are physically in Georgia.BOOK A NUTRITION SCREENING
If you are interested in nutrition counseling, please schedule your Nutrition Screening Appointment Here or by one of the following options:
- Email email@example.com
Screening appointments last about 15 minutes and will assess your need for one-on-one nutrition counseling and/or participation in other nutrition services.
To avoid a $25 no show fee, please cancel or reschedule at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
Any student scheduling an appointment with the KSU Registered Dietitian will be required to sign a No-Show/Cancellation Fee Agreement Form. This form authorizes Health Promotion and Wellness to initiate a $25 charge per missed appointment. If unpaid, this fee may result in withholding of grades, transcripts, future registration and the forfeiture of continued participation in nutrition counseling for the remainder of the semester.
No Show-$25 Fee Will NOT be Applied IF:
- Student provides at least 24-hour notice prior to their scheduled appointment time.
- If cancellation is requested by voicemail/email, the time the message is received is considered the time of cancellation. For example, if a student calls/emails Monday evening at 6:30PM to cancel a 9AM appointment on Wednesday, the student will have given 35 hours and 30 minutes notice of needing to cancel the appointment.
No Show-$25 Fee WILL be Applied IF:
- Student provides less than 24-hour notice to their scheduled appointment time.
- Student does not show for appointment.
- Student is more than 15 minutes late to a scheduled appointment.
- Student is less than 15 minutes late for an appointment; the session will last only until the end of the scheduled time (no fee applied).
- Student is more than 15 minutes late to a scheduled appointment; the appointment is considered a no show and a $25 fee is applied.
Nutrition Counseling Forms:
Fee Appeal Form