Reservation Guidelines and Procedures
- All University policies and procedures must be observed at all times. No tobacco,
drugs or alcohol is permitted on campus or any event. All events requesting food must
be approved by KSU catering.
- KSU Internal Event Policy
- KSU External Event Policy
- KSU Catering
- KSU reserves the right to delay, postpone, and cancel events due to weather or other
unforeseen circumstances surrounding the facility.
- KSU reserves the right to cancel events for non-receipt of required information, if
not provided within 48 hours of the event start time.
- Facility must be returned in the condition it was upon arrival. (ex. trash removed to dumpster, tables and chairs returned to storage by stated closing time) or additional fees will be applied.
- On site verification by the user group event staff must ensure all participants have
signed KSU waiver to participate. Non-participating spectators and non-recreators
are not required to sign a waiver.
- All groups require a determined point of contact from the user group to be on site
for the entirety of the event, including set up and breakdown, prior to the start
of the event.
- Facility request must be submitted a minimum of two weeks in advance. Requests submitted less than weeks may be denied if additional setup is required.
- KSU Parking will be consulted to establish a parking plan for the event. Any costs
associated with the plan will be paid in full by the user group. Reservation requests
must contain all pertinent information.
- Any facility request beyond normal operating hours will be reviewed; if approved and
available, the cost of additional staff will be paid by the user group.
- Facility requests detailing hosting programming comparable to Department of Sports and Recreation program offerings may be denied due to the potential conflict of interest.
- User groups may be asked to rent their own resources (tables, chairs, etc.) due to
inventory supply on hand in the recreation center(s). A fee will be applied to the
user group if floor covering placement is required.
- Registered Student Organization (RSO) user groups must go through the Department of Student Affairs, prior to event approval. Individual students cannot reserve space within the facility.
Larger Scale Events – Anticipated attendance 250 or utilizing 3+ spaces within either facility.
- KSU Campus Security/Police will be consulted to establish a security plan for the event. Any costs associated with the plan will be paid in full by the user group.
- Large-scale event requests need to be made a minimum of four weeks in advance.
- A facility walkthrough is required two weeks out from the requested large-scale reservation
event date, prior to each facility reservation approval.
Sport Specific Guidelines
- All competitive sporting events require a Certified Emergency Medical Technician or ATC on site during competition hours.
- Contact information must be provided to the Assistant Director of Facilities & Events
or Assistant Director of Sport Facilities, two weeks prior to the event.
- Club sports that are a high risk that require them to have an ATC at home competitions: Basketball, Cycling, Equestrian, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Martial Arts, Roller Hockey, Rugby, Soccer, Ultimate, Volleyball, and Wrestling – these are the ones currently active. If we add other clubs that are not already active, then they may be added to this list.